5 tips to Optimize windows 7 performance
The newest operating system from Microsoft has had a tremendous leap in technology. Unfortunately, It still suffers from some of the same problems as in the previous releases. The main thing that a window 7 suffers from is the inconsistency in speed and performance while using it for everyday computing. There are some tricks in windows 7 that you can do to substantially improve the performance. Here, is a list of the top 5 tips and tricks for windows 7
1. Visual Effect
Windows 7 does have one thing going for it, and that is that it is pretty. Everything about it is designed to entice your eyes. Its visual effects that it induces on the machines are extremely taxing and probably account for at least half your memory usage. If you have less than 2 gigs of RAM, then you are going to see a significant performance drop. So what can you do with the visual affects to turn them off or make it less pretty?
1. Go to control panel
2. Choose “system”
3. Choose “Advanced System Settings”
4. Choose the tab that says “Advanced”
5. Choose the customer option under the performance tab.
There are a lot of different options in here regarding the performance of windows 7. Now you can get the best performance and uncheck them all. Otherwise, you can still make it look more appealing but not use as many resources by un-checking a few that are resource hogs. For Example, uncheck the boxes that say “fade” Slide” or Shadows. These are the ones that make it perform slower on less robust machines.
2. Startup Speed
One thing people complain amount most with all windows operating system is the time it takes to get to your desktop. Compared to other versions of windows, a window 7 has a significant improvement in the boot time of the operating system. Now there still are a few things that you can do to help speed the boot process a little faster.
1. Start and in the run box type “msconfig”
2. Choose Boot and then timeout
3. Change windows time out from 30 to 3 seconds if multiple Os operating systems are in
4. Then under advanced choose, number of processors change it to the desired amount. If it’s dual core, then you have 2 processors, quad core 4 processors and so on.
5. Then choose no “GUI” boot.
Although not much but it will significantly improve your boot time and shave a few extra seconds or minuets depending on the computer you have.
3. Also in the “MSconfig” file is something called startup. This is a primarily a list of every startup program that is scheduled to run in the background every time you turn on your computer. Too many in here can significantly reduce the performance of your machine. Now there are a lot of abbreviated programs in here, and you can usually see what they may be related to. Things like antivirus are essential to keep but things like adobe update are not. The best place to check what these abbreviations mean is to do a ordinary Google search with letters. If, it is something you do not need to start up uncheck it.
One of the significant improvements that were first introduced in Vista was Aero. Areo is a visual affects program again to make everything look pretty. Areo is one of the worst offenders in actually slowing windows down. All it does is really help you make a 3D view of your desktop with a glass like appearance. This is a terrific way, to instantly increase the performance of windows 7.
5. Finally, there are little things that you can do to keep windows 7 running at peak performance. The best way is to create a weekly clean up cycle that will clean up your machine, defragment it, and clean your registry. You can setup windows tack to schedule this on a weekly basis or you can do it manually once a week either way keeping your system on a regular maintenance cycle will significantly improve the performance and stability of your machine.
These are the top 5 ways that you can continue to get the most out of your windows 7 machine.
More by this Author
How to build the perfect dog house for your family friend. With all the comforts of home while he is out side to enjoy a new peaceful place your dog can call home
Fun facts about guatemala, everything you ever wanted to know about guatemala
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...
No comments yet.