7 Best Tips For Finding the Best Online Storage Service
Lots of online storage services are available today. Online storage services are used to back up all of your files and data in a secured way. Many online storage service providers are there. But which one you will use? You can't select blindly any of the online storage service. To find out the best online storage service, you have to careful several aspects like backup availability, security, storage space etc. This page contains seven greatest tips for finding and selecting the best online storage service.
Best online storage service always offers
Before selecting any of the online storage service, always keep in mind that the backup solutions must provide the following things:
- Data loss protection: Data may be loss several ways like computer crashes, hard drive failure, natural disasters like fires, floods, computer viruses and other natural or man-made disasters. So, there must have sufficient protection to loss any type of data.
- File accessibility form anywhere and anytime: Data must be accessed anytime, anywhere from the world. You don't need to carry any type of removal storage or laptop. All types of data can be accessed from any where and anytime both at day and night.
- File sharing: There must be convenient way to share all files or some of the total files with your family, friends or colleagues around the world.
You have to select or find out the best online storage service. At the time of comparing different types of backup solutions, ask yourself the following seven questions:
1. What are the features the service provider offering?
Several service providers offer several types of services with the online storage backup solutions. To select the best one find whether the following services are included in the packages:
- Remote access
- Scheduled backup
- Sharing Privileges
- File searching
- Easy file uploading
- Easy file downloading
All types of features are not included in every packages. First, try to find out which of the features are really necessary and which of them are offered to which packages.
2. What is the level of security?
One of the biggest issue is the security. You are storing all of your files to a storage space. If the security is not high anyone can access your data and can change or delete data which is really a great factor of you. So, the security system must be high. There should be enough protection to unauthorized access. The service must include password protection and encrypted file transfer. For example, if the encryption is done twice or thrice, it's impossible to access data to any hacker or cracker or others.
3. What is the storage capacity?
Most people don't be careful about this issue at first. Remember, you are storing all of your data. For example, If you are storing your company's data, think about it's size. The size of your company data is increasing day by day. Find out how much storage space is required to everyday. Base on these, find out the necessary storage capacity of your data backup and ask the service provider whether they offer that amount of storage.
4. What is the price?
When you take any solutions, you must have to pay. Paying is one of the big issue for many people. The no of online storage backup services is not high. Most of the cases, the storage space is very limited with small amount of price. As the price is low, you may not notice the storage space. So, be careful about the space and about the price.
5. Is the system is really user-friendly?
The best online storage service must be easy to use. If it's not user-friendly, why you use it? If the system is very complicated, don't use that services.Moreover, the system should be capable of backup all the files and documents automatically.
6. What is the level of technical support?
Technical supports are really necessary to all of the people. There should be enough user guides or online tutorials to easily understand different backup solutions. Moreover, you may face problem any time. So, there must be enough flexibility to find the best solution via chat, phone or email.
7. What are the future and additional services does they offer?
Technology is advances very rapidly. So, what happens or what are the other services will be offered by the online storage service provider? Suppose, you are paying 5$ for 5GB. After one year you need another 10GB. What have to pay then? Do you need to pay $10 or more than $10 or less than $10? This type of issues also have to keep in your brain. You may be consult with the service provider to these type of issues.
These are the top 7 tips for finding the best online storage service to use. Based on the above questions, you may find the best online storage service.
© Written by rancidTaste
More by this Author
- 64How to check CPU temperature:A complete guide to Check CPU temperature through BIOS or software on all operating system
While CPU is running, it produces heat. CPU is an electronic device. It is very urgent to remove heat from electronic devices as soon as possible. Otherwise the internal temperature will be increased. If the device is...
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...