Apple iPad 2 VS Motorola Xoom VS BlackBerry Playbook
Too many to choose from!
Ever since Apple unveiled the Apple iPad what seems like years ago now, every other tech company imaginable has been working around the clock to come out with their own, new and improved version. Even apple it self is modifying the existing iPad to keep up with consumer demand, and add much needed accessories that it forgot in the first place - oops.
Nonetheless, flocks of Apple devotees line up when Apple tells them too, cash in hand, ready to buy the newest version of its product. But before you go, lets see how the Apple iPad 2 stacks up to the other nearest competitors: Motorola Xoom and Blackberry Playbook
Performance: 3 way tie
When it comes to performance of the tablets, it is a tie between the Apple and Motorola. The iPad 2 comes withs a 1GHz dual-core A5 processor, and the Xoom and Playbook feature a 1GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor. Both very powerful systems ok, 3 way tie
When it comes to memory however, the Xoom has apple beat. 1 G on the fly memory is far superior to that of Apple, but equal to that of the Playbook.
Graphics performance is another issue. Apple uses the PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics processor (GPU), which is much more powerfull than Xoom’s dual CPU/GPU Tegra 2. The Playbook uses its Open-GL enabled GPU which seems to match that of Xoom.
Screen size: Xoom Wins
- Apple iPad 2: 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS TFT 4:3 aspect ratio
- Motorola Xoom: 10.1 inches higher pixel count at 1280 x 800 pixels
- BlackBerry Playbook: 7-inch TFT display 1024 x 600, WSVGA
Thickness: Apple Wins
- Apple iPad 2: 8.8mm
- Motorola Xoom: 12.7mm
- BlackBerry Playbook:10mm
Blackberry Playbook Full specs:
- 7-inch LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- BlackBerry Tablet OS
- Camera: Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), with 1080p HD video recording
- Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV HDMI video output
- Audio playback: MP3, WMA AAC, Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Measures 5.1"x7.6"x0.4" (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
- Weighs 0.9 lb or 400g
- 3G and 4G coming
Apple iPad 2 Full Specs:
- 9.7″ LED display with 1024×768 screen resolution
- 1GHz dual-core A5 CPU
- 16GB, 32GB, 64GB storage options
- 512MB RAM
- Cameras: front is VGA, rear is 720p
- Video output 1080p
- Runs iOS 4.3
- 1.3 lbs
- 3G models at AT&T and Verizon
Motorola Xoom Full Specs:
- 10.1” 1280×800 resolution
- Dual Core 1 Ghz CPU NVIDIA Tegra 2
- 1GB RAM
- 32 GB memory with microSD Card slot
- cameras: 5 MP Rear facing with Flash and 720p HD video capture. 2MP video calling camera front facing
- Runs Android 3.0
- Weight 730 g
Over All Winner: Xoom
Once you look at all the specs, it is a very close race. What one lacks, another has and vice versa. I really like the Android Operating system in the Xoom and I think that will end up winning over the Playbook and iPad 2. Sure sure, i know what your thinking, Android application are not as good as apple. But being Google based, the future look brighter for more, and more free applications on the android network than Apples Apps store.
More by this Author
You probably just read about how to benefit from timeshare presentations and are ready to grab your free offers and take advantage of a presentation - great! STOP Before you enter into a presentation it is important...
Many, many people have complained about their Jeep stalling out for no apparent reason. Usually, this happens in a LOW IDLE situation where your RPMs are low - for example, a red light, or worse yet, during stop and go...
No comments yet.