Apple launches much awaited iPhone with OS4
The most awaited iPhone 4 is launched into the market by Apple today. Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple has introduced the smart phone at WWDC 2010 held at San Francisco.
Steve announced that there will be 100 new features in the new OS4 that comes with the iPhone and he discussed some of those features.
1. The new iPhone is thinner than its earlier versions with 9.3 mm thick making it 24% thinner than iPhone 3GS. A 5 Mega pixel camera with LED flash campared to 3 Mega pixel camera in the earlier versions. The camera can also shoot video with 30 frames per second. This also has a front facing camera. Both the front and back side can be used for video chatting ( A new feature coming with the iPhone).
2. This new iPhone features a display of 940X640 which is four times the resolution of the earlier models of iPhone. around 300 pixels per inch. 3.5 inch display with 800:1 contrast ratio.
3. A new processor called iA4 chip which is used in iPad. The new iPhone comes with a better battery which can stand 7 hours of 3G talk,6 hours of 3G browsing,10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music and 300 hours of stand by.
4. iOS4 - a new operating system, which is called as 'the most advanced mobile OS in the world' by Steve. The new OS would have over 1550 APIs with more than 100 features and the biggest is multitasking. iPhone users would have a new search option as Bing other than Yahoo and Google.
5. iBooks can be bought once and will be in sync with the notes and bookmarks. It can be taken to any other device for no extra cost.
6. iMovie: Apple introduces a new video editing software for the portable devices. This application lets the user to make a video from the clips shot by the device and to add features like Zoom.
The new iPhone will be available in 2 colors black and white. it would be priced at $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB.
The iPhones with 3G and 3GS can be upgraded to the new OS 4 on june 21 for free.
Some interesting statistics about the iProducts
- Apple sold 2 million iPads in 59 days.
- Apple so far sold 100 million iPhones, iPod touches and iPads combined.
- The Apple store is now with 225,000 apps.
More by this Author
Spring framework provides different ways to authenticating a user against a LDAP either through spring LDAP templates or through spring security. Here I explained how to authenticate the user using the spring ldap...
No comments yet.