- An American multinational Corporation.
- Designs & manufactures computer software, personal computers & consumer electronics.
Apple SWOT Analysis:
Apple Strengths :
- Good brand loyalty.
- Partnership with Intel Computers in 2006 – Present.
- iTunes Music Store is a excellent source of revenue.
- Simple, easy-to-use design and concise product range attract customers.
Apple Weaknesses :
- Apples market share is far behind from major competitor Microsoft.
- In past the relationship between Steve jobs and employee were not good which result in reputation loss.
- It is reported that the Apple iPod Nano may have a faulty screen.
- High price.
Apple Oppertunities :
- International expansion.
- Low market share in the personal computer & software space.
- Revolutionizing another industry.
- The ties of apple with other companies are weak.
Apple Threats :
- Increased competition on mobile products.
- Substitute Products are widely available.
- Too popular - more viruses for MAC OS X.
- Apple software, Cell phone and hardware are expensive.
Apple PEST Analysis :
Political Factors :
- War, terrorism, geopolitical uncertainties, public health issues beyond company’s ability to control.
- 52% of the company's net sales in 2007 coming from countries outside America.
- Manufacturing or logistics from countries like Cork, Ireland, Korea might be interrupted by political events.
Economical Factors :
- Overall global economy outlook is not good.
- Inflation reduced consumer’s expenditure on luxuries goods like update their current computer or buy a new iPhone.
- Economic crisis influencing Apple’s retail business.
Social Factors :
- A variety of regulations & law for health and Safety may adversely affect company’s financial condition.
- It is reported that the improper use of iPod may lead to hearing loss for users.
Technological Factors :
- Fast technological changes.
- Frequent introduction of new products and the continual improvement in product performance.
- Apple the most admired company in the United States.
- Includes a customer base that is devoted to the company and its brand.
- Attractive designs.
- Excellent Leader.
More by this Author
These are the principles on how the economy works and consists of basic concepts and methods that economists use while doing economics. It offers an overview of what economics is all about and also explains the unifying...
No comments yet.