Auto Login in Windows XP: How to Automatically Login in Windows XP?
You can automatically login to your Windows XP operating system. You just start the computer and that's all. You will see that you reach the Windows XP desktop without following any step or without providing any password. This page contains the information related to automatically login in Windows XP.
Steps to automatically login in Windows XP.
Follow the following steps to automatically login in Windows XP computer:
Step 1: Confirm there is only one user account for your Windows XP
If you wish to auto login in Windows XP, you must have to sure that there is only one user account of your Windows XP. If there exists multiple user accounts, it can't possible to login automatically to your Windows XP machine. So, decide first which account you want to keep. Now, do the following steps:
- Click on Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel and double-click on User Accounts.
- A new window will be appeared and you will see all the user list on that page. Now, only keep one account and delete rest of the account.
Note: Deleting any account should delete all the user documents or files under that user. So, before deleting any account, make sure that you have taken necessary backup of that user.
Step 2: Confirming welcome screen
Now, you have to enable welcome screen. To enable welcome screen do the following things:
- Double-click on the User Accounts.
- Click on Change the way the users log on or off.
- Now, make sure that Use the welcome screen is selected i.e. there is a tick mark beside that option.
Step 3: Password removing from that user account
Remember, you must have to remove the user account password if you wish to auto logon. To remove password, follow the following steps:
- In the user accounts, click the only user account that exists.
- Now, click on Remove my password.
- Type the password in Type your current password text box and then click on Remove Password button.
The password will be completely removed.
By following the above steps, you can easily make your Windows XP computer to login automatically. I think you success to do that.
© Written by rancidTaste
More by this Author
Most of the IT farm's job interview or written exam has at least one question regarding OSI or TCP/IP model. Some questions of this topic are presented here with very concise answers. All these questions are very...
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...