BIOS Command Guide: A Short BIOS Guide for All Users
For selecting your computer boot drive priority or to change the system time or to enable or disable some ports or to enable or disable your build in AGP card (if you have external AGP card), you need to access BIOS. When you access BIOS, you will see that the mouse is totally inactive. You must have to use keyboards. This page will help you to know some of the basic and essential commands to successfully control your computer's BIOS. One of the great problem is that the motherboard are built by several companies and the motherboard has several brands. So, for all the BIOS commands are not the same for all of the motherboard.
This page will tell you some of the commands which are really necessary for accessing and controlling your computer BIOS. I think they must have to learn. If you remember, you will get many benefit when you access in your computer's BIOS.
How to enter or access BIOS?
The BIOS command varies from computer's model to model. But you can definately access or enter BIOS by using any of the key:
- ESC key
- F5 key
- F8 key
- DEL/Delete key
Alternative keys of your mouse
Here too, the commands vary depending to your motherboard model. But the function is like navigating through your mouse:
- Page Up and Page Down keys
- UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT arrows
- End key
- Home key
- Tab key
How to choose an option
Fortunately, it's the only key which is same to all models of motherboard. To choose an option:
- Press the ENTER key
How to change different options value or change the priority of different devices
- Number Keys: Use number keys to change the values or numbers
- -/+ keys: Use -/+ keys to modify numerical values
- DEL/BACKSPACE keys: use these keys(DEL/BACKSPACE) to delete values
- Y key: To choose Yes to answer any BIOS questions
- N key: To choose No to answer any BIOS questions
How to quite BIOS?
- Use ESC key to quit BIOS
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys all together to promptly restart your system or computer
© Written by rancidTaste
If you are enjoyed this post, please consider to give a thumbs up and leave a comment. You may Subscribe to rancidTaste's RSS feed to get new pages which will be delivered to your feed reader. You can also read more hubs by rancidTaste.
JOIN HUBPAGES & ENJOY WORLD'S BEST WRITINGS
More by this Author
- 64How to check CPU temperature:A complete guide to Check CPU temperature through BIOS or software on all operating system
While CPU is running, it produces heat. CPU is an electronic device. It is very urgent to remove heat from electronic devices as soon as possible. Otherwise the internal temperature will be increased. If the device is...
Most of the IT farm's job interview or written exam has at least one question regarding OSI or TCP/IP model. Some questions of this topic are presented here with very concise answers. All these questions are very...
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
No comments yet.