Backup, Sync, and Transfer Contacts on LG Rumor Touch for Free!
Until today, I had not yet found a contact backup app for the LG Rumor Touch.
Since I'm with Virgin Mobile, I had one official choice to backup my contacts : Contact Vault.
Now, I have lost my contacts before due to freak phone accidents, and I value backing contacts up for future emergencies. I have (for two months now) paid Virgin Mobile $1.99 a month for Contact Vault.
What I do not like about Contact Vault is that I do not have any export options from the website where my contacts are "vaulted". I'm sure this is for the app's "job security", as it limits you to exporting ONLY to their vault and importing ONLY from their vault to your phone.
As a long term plan, Contact Vault is just unacceptable.
+All Gmail contacts sync to phone
-Only one way Gmail-->phone
You can get this app at my hub on installing apps.
If you are the kind of person who has all their contacts already loaded in to Gmail, this may be your best option.
You may want to combine with Solution #2 for ultimate backup.
Which backup method do you most prefer?See results without voting
+Import and Export to Vcard 3.0/2.0
+Works with memory card
+Free and Open Source
-No other formats than Vcard
-No online backup options
This is my new favorite. Its an app developed and hosted on Sourceforge.
Its completely free and editable (if you're a rockstar like that).
If you download the files from Sourceforge, you will need to fix the JAD file (see my hub on fixing JAD files if you want to learn how).
I will also upload the recent version with the fixed JAD file as a zip file on my hub, which you can download below from Mediafire:
I have personally tested the import and export capabilities with complete success both ways.
I've also used the exported vcard files to import contacts in Gmail and other mail applications for further backup.
UPDATE (9/12/2010)-Solution #3
There is a third free solution I discovered yesterday!
If you have a bluetooth PC adapter, you can send all of your contacts by bluetooth to Outlook or to a file.
1. Pair your phone with the PC (this can be frustrating...so keep trying...make sure they are both in pairing mode)
2. Give your PC "trusted device" status in your phone.
3. In TRUSTED DEVICES, select your computer and choose SEND ALL CONTACTS.
4. The first time I did this, I had to grant access each time it send a contact (which was really annoying), but I'm sure there is a way around this. It was successful, however, and I now have all of my contacts backed up to a file and to the Outlook on my PC.
5. See my hub on BlueFTP for a fabulous file manager and bluetooth transfer client for regular files.
More by this Author
- 0How to Contact VerizonWireless about your Verizon Wireless Service- Phone Numbers, Addresses, and Forums
VerizonWireless is probably the one Verizon service you are most familiar with. Contacting companies can be a pain- Get all your addresses, numbers, and other helpful locations at Verizon here.
Your LG Rumor Touch from Virgin Mobile or Sprint can get free ringtones and message tones. Learn how to download and install them step by step.
Graphic Designers, Entrepreneurs, and Webmasters will love these limited time only deal websites. Stock images, vectors, premium subscriptions, Photoshop elements, and other Adobe software resources. Do not get left out!