Choosing the Best Value Hosting Services
Features to consider with hosting services
With hundreds of competing web hosting service providers today, sometimes you will find it difficult to decide which one to go for.
To help you decide which provider you should consider for your online marketing business, I would suggest to look for the following service features and physical capabilities of the web hosting provider.
- Location - It is important to consider the physical location of the servers, needless to say you should prefer the ones located in the US, Canada, UK or other countries were the technological infrastructure is robust and reliable.
- Security - Don't be sorry if you find this a message in your URL "Your www.unsecuresite.com has been hacked". Some cheap web hosting services offers are too good to be true, find one who invest on security - its vital for your online marketing business to succeed.
- Reliability - First, there is so such thing as 100% up-time in web hosting terms. There are internal factors that affects the service like network & power failure, equipment and software issues, and external factors that is beyond the the control of the hosting company. A 99.8% uptime is acceptable, but you should prefer a 99.9% uptime or better, after all what is the purpose of going online if you are not available at all times.
- Control Panel - Website management is a lot easier with . Access and manage the content, your database, email accounts, software applications and installations. You need to check and ask for this and what are the modules available for you to help your website management a lot easier. cPanel
- Support - Customer support comes in many ways. Look for hosting services that offers 24/7 customer service by phone, live-chat assist and email. Try asking as many question you like in during pre-sales by phone of chat.
Although this is not important, but to get more value of your investment - look for service providers that offer extra services that you can take advantage of like the following:
- Freebies - Everybody wants FREE extra service. Grab the one that offers the most of free extra service like: free advertising coupons from the the big 3 (Adwords, Bing & Yahoo, Facebook). Try to look also other freebies like free domain registration and domain privacy, free SSL certificates and transfer service. iPage® probably has all excellent advertising and promotional freebies to give you a good start.
- Others - You may go further with your choosing criteria like if would like to support an eco-friendly companies you can find a 100% Eco Friendly Web Hosting Service like GreenGeeks®
So that's it. Good luck to your online marketing endeavor and wish for you success. You may like to visit my other online marketing hubs:
How You Choose A Web Host?See results without voting
More by this Author
Whether you are new or an established online marketer, making money online with affiliate marketing is more profitable and rewarding if you try to aim higher and have your own affiliate network.