Biostar Motherboard g41 Review
CPU support : Intel Socket 775
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor
Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor
USB: 6 USB 2.0 ports.
2 at the front.
4 in the rear.
DDR3 1333(Overclocked)/1066/800 MHz
2 x DDR3 slots 4GB each
Total 8GB ram
1 x PCI-E x16 1.0 Slot
1 x PCI-E x1 Slot
1 x PCI Slots
2x SATA 2 connectors
1x IDE Connecter
Intel GMA x4500
- Cheap motherboard for specs.
- Can play call of duty black ops 2 on full using my Radeon 6870 graphics card.
- Circuit board looks very colorful
- Supports PCI express x16 1.0.
NB 2.0 would be better for my graphics card
- The intel g41 chipset along with other pros makes it a good motherboard for a business or home user
- The motherboard has only one system fan header.
- The system fan and USB ports are too close to the pci express x16 slot (refer to pic above). I have a Radeon 6870 graphics card and to remove the fan or usb ports I have to also remove the graphics card to do do. I use mostly molex fan connectors in my case now.
- Also my graphics card presses on the wires for the fan and usb port causing them to malfunction quickly.
- But to be fair my graphics card is freakishly large and this might not be a problem for most users.
Dimensions of Radeon 6870: 10.3" x 4.4" x 1.5"
- The fan control doesn't seem to work for me. Fans are always at full speed.
- Tried to overclock on this board and gained only 0.3 ghz. Very bad for overclocking
If you are looking to build a home or business PC this motherboard is a cheap and easy but effective way to accomplish that. The motherboard so far (had it for 2 years) has been reliable and even survived a psu spike.
If you are a all out gamer and are looking for a gaming board do not buy this one. I used it because it came as a packaged deal. Yes it plays all the games I have thrown at it but my graphics card cannot reach its full potential on this board. If you are going to get a graphics card with pci express x16 2.0 or better get a board which supports this. Also this board only supports socket 775 and bus speed of 1333 max. Though these are not bad specs as a true gamer you should be aiming above this as your minimum.
Power Supply: Termaltake TR2 RX 650W.
Processor: Core 2 quad q8300 2.5ghz.
Ram: 2x HyperX 4gb 1600 running at 1333.
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon 6870.
Motherboard: Biostar G41D3C (to be soon upgraded).
Hard drive: WD10EZEX 1Terabyte.
Not a powerhouse but it plays everything I have thrown at it on full!
Please rate article below
More by this Author
How to copy a dvd to your computer for later viewing on your computer for free.
How to check cpu temperature for any computer for free and also, find out the symptoms of overheating and learn how to solve them.
How to convert hex to decimal and decimal to hex manually or by hand without using any calculators or special knowledge.
No comments yet.