Brower settings to protect yourself from identity theft
With the increase of identity theft many web browsers now offer security features that allows users to protect their own identity online. Some of such web browers are Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
These offer private browsing. With private browsing feature the browsers don't store any information collected while browsing, it deletes forms,cookies,history for that session .
1. Go to your Internet Options.
2. Select the privacy tab and adjust your privacy and security settings under 'settings' to "medium high" like below.
3. Now select the security tab and check "Enable protected mode"
1. Go to your Options
2. Select the Privacy Tab and after select the "Never remember history" like below.
3. Also under "security" tab make sure these three boxes are checked.
-Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
-Block reported attack sites
-Block reported web forgeries
These steps along with a firewall will try their best to protect you from identity theft. This means the steps won't give you full protection. Criminals are always working, Just try hard to keep them out by remaining cautious in whatever you do online and taking necessary security steps like the one above.
More by this Author
Learn about all the internet chatroom slang and abbreviations in this comprehensive and informative article.