Canon Macro 100mm Review
Canon 100mm Macro Lens
Macro photography can give you a thrill that is beyond description if you have not experienced it. Instantly you begin to look for tiny bitty objects and insects that will be your next remarkable shot.
Many times the magic does not happen right away. Then when you first look at your photos on a large laptop or computer display, there is a huge "aha" moment as you notice concealed stuff that you didn't even know was there. When you view the photo on a computer monitor, you can see so much more than you can without the advantage of 1-to-1 object enlargement of a true macro lens.
If you are a Canon EOS camera user, you have quite a few superb lenses available to you. In case you are one of the shoppers, this special Canon Macro 100mm Review is just for you.
Two Canon lenses carry the "100mm macro" designation. Both are prime lenses, signifying they have only one single focal length, and both are incredibly well-liked as witnessed on both Amazon and B & H Photo user reviews.
First is the Canon EF 100mm Macro USM Lens.
Canon has unquestionably given the technological innovation on their 100mm macro lenses their finest engineering efforts. You can see this by the following:
- Image Quality - The crucial feature for any camera or lens is the Image Quality, and this lens delivers top of the line images that are sharp and crisp.
- USM (ultra sonic motor) assists in super fast focusing
- f/2.8 wide aperture for maximum shutter speed and excellent bokeh (bokeh is the blurry background that cause the main subject to stand out)
- IS (image stabilization) so that you can hand hold your camera when taking shots with slower shutter speeds in low light.
- The 100mm lenses may both be used on ALL Canon EOS cameras including full frame and crop frame sensors. This may seem obvious, but it is quite a major benefit if you are planning to add or upgrade a Canon DSLR camera.
- 100mm macro lenses double as great portrait lenses. The Canon 100mm Macro does an exceptional job at this, as well as typical imagry, and many photographers use this lens as their main lens..
The "Other" Canon 100mm Macro Lens
Building upon the engineering of the first successful 100mm macro lens, Canon has improved upon the technology and released an additional model. The newer model has all the superb features of the original, with some additional quality improvements. The most current lens is, in fact, an "L" model. This is Canon's naming for its finest quality lenses. The added glass quality and components for building the lens raise the price about 40%, but just having an L lens in the bag is the best thing that can happen to a Canon owner.
There is a segment of photographers who believe that utilizing prime lenses is the only way to get the best shots. Not many would dispute that prime lenses offer superior quality than a lot of the zoom lenses. Therefore, the Canon 100mm macro lenses are two with the most effective quality on the market by any developer at any focal length.
- Macro Canon Lens Reviews | Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS Cameras |
Macro lenses for Canon take your close-up photography to a whole new level. Discover which Macro Canon Lens should be in your camera bag.
More by this Author
I personally love Cheesecake, and I would eat my weight in the stuff if not stopped. Of course, you can get some excellent Cheesecake at restaurants like The Cheesecake Factory or at some high class bakeries (we have...
Discover the Top 10 Reasons that the Canon Rebel T3i is the perfect camera for first time DSLR buyers.
There are a few reasons to buy an electric fireplace. They are quite beautiful and functional. An electric fireplace will easily become part of your decor and enhance the ambiance of your home. This is where corner...
No comments yet.