Comparing the Top Tablet Computers
It is confusing. So many, well four of them, computer tablets on the market. All doing the similar thing, all around the same size, heck, even prices are around the same ballpark. Below is a summary of each of their main capabilities:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab has a 10" screen, 1280x800 pixels, 1.3 pounds. Uses the Android 3.0 OS by Google, 1 GHz dual core CPU, 16-32 GB HD, 1 GB RAM, 8 megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front camera, supports Flash player. $500-600
- Apple iPad with 9.7" screen, 1024 x 768 pixel, 1.3 pounds. Uses Apple OS 4.3.2. 1 GHz dual core CPU, 16-32-64 GB HD, 512 MB RAM, rear camera and front camera, no support for Flash player. $630-830
- Mortorola Xoom has a screen identical to the Galaxy. Uses the same OS, CPU as Galaxy, 32 GB HD, 1 GB RAM, 5 megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front camera, supports Flash player. $800
- Blackberry Playbook has a 7" LCD 1024x600 pixel screen, 1 pound. Uses the Blackberry OS, has same CPU, RAM and HD as Galaxy (but can come with a 64 GB HD), it has the same camera specs as the Xoom. $500-700.
- Sony Xperia Smartphone is a phone that does most everything even allows the user to play Platstation games with built-in controllers, games like Sims, Madden NFL. The phone has the same CPU as the Galaxy and a graphics processor. The selling point is for gamers. There are 60 titles available. The downside is the phone. The screen is 4.7" and 2.4 inches wide and weighs 6 oz (the Apple iPhone is near 5 oz.). For a phone, one ounce is a big difference, but if you are into games and really want it all in a single device, Sony has it.
- As to tablets, Galaxy has the best package for the lowest price.
More by this Author
While both countries dodged the Ebola epidemic, both remain the region's top scam centers targeting Americans using the Internet.
Frontier recently bought some of Verizon and the transition is not going well for those in Texas, California, Florida.
Join this long list of consumer problems and complaints about this car. Most o the problems are on models pre-2009. Many sad stories.
No comments yet.