Cool Food Products: Spray Pancakes!
Aerosol Can Pancakes!
When I first heard about spray pancakes, I was very excited to try them out! I was super excited about this product for a variety of reasons.
1. The formula is organic. You would think that food that's been preserved in a can couldn't be healthy, but the pancake/waffle mix is certified organic!
2. I'm not fabulous at cooking. I'm not the best at putting together ingredients or memorizing recipes! I couldn't wait to try out these no-brainer spray pancakes.
3. No Mess. There's nothing worse than having to deal with multiple mixing bowls, spatulas and whisks. Not only that but messy pancakes are the worst.
4. I'm not a morning person. I hardly ever eat more than pop-tarts for breakfast, so the idea of instant pancakes are extremely intriguing to me.
I immediately went out to my local grocery store: Meijer, and bought 2 cans of Organic Batter Blaster. I was so excited to try them out, I made them the very next morning. Read on for my results!
How to Prepare
The instructions are uber-simple, they almost don't even need to be written!
1. Spray your pan with some pam or a light coating of oil or butter.
2. Set skillet to medium-high heat.
3. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown.
*Refrigerate after opening
The pancakes actually turned out light, fluffy and yummy! They stood up to dry mixes, when comparing them to Aunt Jemima and store-brand mixes. And they also work with waffle makers!
Here is just my honest opinion about the product.
No Mess, easy to make, less clean-up, faster, delicious, organic, kosher, low-fat and all parts of the can are completely recyclable! Also, the nozzle makes it easy to make shapes! I made animal pancakes recently, so it's perfect for kids! And, it's amazing when you just want 1 pancake, you can have just one pancake!
The actual bottle doesn't last very long. Although the product promises 25 pancakes, mine only delivered 13. Although they are perfect for busy people, at 4 bucks a pop, it could become an expensive habit!
Organic wheat flour (unbleached)
Organic cane sugar
Organic whole egg solids
Organic soybean powder
Sodium lactate (lactic acid from beet sugar)
DiCalcium phosphate (leavening agent)
Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
Organic rice bran extract
Allergens: contains wheat, eggs, soy
Perishable, keep refrigerated.
Source: Batter Blaster Website
More Food & Tech Articles!
More by this Author
Amazing, unique swimsuits for the fashion-forward woman heading to the beach.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE33
Yes, you won't ever know exactly how your job interview will go, but you should control you fate to the best of your abilities by going to the interview prepared! These 30 Most Common Interview questions were taken from...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE123
Exercises and diets for a bigger butt in three weeks, with different plans for people who tend to gain weight in different parts of the body.