The Best Cordless Wall Mounted Phone?
When it comes to wall mounted cordless phones, most models are simply standard phones with very basic wall mounting plates. Often they protrude from the wall a long way and they look like what they are--something you can't otherwise find a place for.
The exception to this are the stylishly designed phones from General Electric, below. There is a black, high gloss model that sits flush to the wall, looks great and will not get in the way as you walk around.
The stainless steel finish version is perfect for a modern kitchen.
Both phones use DECT technology which means good talk range, clear sound and low levels of interference even if you are standing right next to a microwave.
Purely Practical Wall Mounted Phones
Wall mounted phones can look stylish but they do have a practical side, as well: they can free up desk or table space, keep phones out of the hands of toddlers (do you really want to pay for phone calls to China?) and are hard to spill a cup of coffee over.
Sometimes, of course, you just want a phone in a garage or utility area. Wall mounting keeps a phone safe in a small space and away from heavy tools and machinery.
The best models for utility use are suggested at the bottom of the page.
Designer Cordless Wall Mounted Phones
Black Designer Dect 6.0 Cordless
These black GE wall-mounted phones have recently become collectors items and can sell for up to $400 dollars on eBay and Amazon. Weirdly, the stainless steel finish equivalent (below) is still available for around ninety dollars.
- The base and handsets are wall or desk mountable. The base incorporates an automatic date and time LCFD display.
- This phone features call waiting, backlit caller ID, a fully featured digital answering machine, speaker phone in the base unit and digital messaging center. There is one touch redial, directory memory and flash function
- Built in DSL filter is convenient for greater call clarity. The system will accommodate a total of 4 handsets but needs only 1 phone jack. Handsets can be placed wherever there is a power outlet.
- Hearing aid compatible. Visual ringer.
- One year warranty.
- No speaker phones in handsets
- Only one ring tone.
DECT 6.0 Wall Phone with a Stainless Steel Finish
The stainless steel finish looks real but is one of those plastic finishes that you have to look at twice to be sure. In a kitchen with a lot of other stainless steel appliances it will blend right in.
The specifications are the same as for the high gloss, black, GE cordless above.
V-Tech 5.8GHz Cordless with Caller ID- a very affordable option
- operates on the enhanced 5.8 GHz frequency- reception is less good than DECT 6.0 but most people find it acceptable
- The handset features a large, lighted display.
- Caller ID/call waiting compatible, which tells you the name, number, time and date of incoming calls, even when you're already on the phone.
- Stores the information of the last 45 callers.
- Phonebook directory stores 20 names and numbers which can be dialed with the touch of a button.
- Nine speed dial presets
- Indicator alerting you of a waiting voicemail.
- Includes a wall mount bracket for placement options.
Other Phone Systems that can be Wall Mounted
If you looking for an inexpensive wall phone one of the older kinds of 2.4GHz models might suit your needs. They don’t offer the range or call quality of DECT 6.0 cordless phones but for a small apartment they can do the job. There is a range of Seimans phones on this page
Not Cordless, but a Stylish, Retro, Wall Mounted Phone in Brushed Chrome worth thinking about
This brushed chrome phone is based on a model produced by a famous designer at the Bell Laboratories called Henry Dreyfuss. It features a rotary dial for that retro feel but the touch button technology makes it as fast any modern phone.
More by this Author
The best conference camera can offer crystal clear video and high quality sound. Finding which is right for your needs is a question of...
iPad mini cases are a must for kids. Find the best protection and attractive styling, with...
Pole pruners are the best choice for pruning smaller or higher branches. They are lightweight, have great reach. Here are five different pruners, reviewed and recommended for their specific features.