Debranding Nokia 6263
Debranding Nokia 6263
The following is a walk-through of the procedure to debrand a Nokia 6263. Debranding will remove all carrier customization and reset all settings.
- Ensure all data is backed up as everything will be wiped completely.
- It is advisable to flash/modify device when battery if fully charged. Also suggested to keep phone plugged into AC charger during flash to prevent power failure.
- Remove SIM and SD card from device
- Note that unbranding the device will not remove the SIM lock. It is recommended to always unlock prior to flashing software.
Search for and download the following programs:
- Nokia Software Updater
- Nokia PC Suite
- Phoenix Service Software
- Phoenix Service Software patch / GSM magic
- Nokia generic firmware file
- Confirm device drivers are installed correctly
- Unzip and install the firmware file you wish to flash to your device
- Phoenix Service Software patch or run GSM Magic
- Open Phoenix and select 'Nokia Mode' on device
- Refresh Phoenix and navigate to Flashing>Firmware Update
- Select '...' box next to 'product code' Deselect product auto-detection
- Select default firmware and manually provision product code to default '0547828' otherwise seek alternate product code
- Now select 'Restore user product'
- If having difficulty. Manually set path to generic firmware in '...' tab
- Check path in options. Deselect 'SW Downgrade' ' Extract Content Package' and 'Invalid SW Version' check boxes
- Select 'Refurbish'
- Debranding process is now complete. You will have to reconfigure your WAP and MMS accounts as per your carrier provided settings.
More by this Author
This article details the unlock and jailbreak procedure for an IPhone 2G running firmware version 3.1.3. This enables Cydia, provides capability to configure "Installous", and unlocks the device for use with all GSM...
This article is a guide to unlocking 'Old Security' Blackberry devices from within Windows. This method is compatible specifically with old security units. Will not work with any 'New Security' models. Consult the...
This procedural article will detail how to debrand and flash a Motrola Razr V3. The benefits to debranding include removing all carrier customizations and restrictions aswell as added enhancements and improved...
No comments yet.