Deleting Media From iTunes and Your Computer
Many a time, you may want to delete songs from your iTunes library and from your computer too or sometimes retain them on your computer and delete them only from your iTunes Library. Well, whatever situation you may be in, this post should help you.
Just follow the simple steps below to delete a file from your iTunes library:
1. Select an item or multiple items from your iTunes Libraries (be it Music, TV Shows, Movies, Audiobooks, or Podcasts libraries).
2. If you are on Windows you will have to press the Shift and the Delete key from your keyboard simultaneously.
3. If you are using Macintosh OS, you will have to press the Option key and the Delete key from your keyboard.
4. You will now see this message in a small dialogue window: “Are you sure you want to remove the selected song from your iTunes library?”
5. Now, if you press yes, you will also get another dialogue window asking : “Do you want to move the selected song to the Trash, or keep it in the iTunes Media folder? Only files in the iTunes Media folder will be moved to the Trash.”, however this message will not appear if the files you have selected to delete are stored outside of the set Media folder location in iTunes. In this case, it will retain these files on your computer wherever they are located.
6. Also, if you want to delete these files from your computer also, click “Move to Trash.” or "Move to Bin" in Macintosh and Windows OS respectively and it will get moved.
Sometimes you might have trouble deleting a file. This might be due to a program holding the file for some reason. To fix this issue, you will need to use an application such as Unlocker (freeware). For more information check this guide if you cannot delete file.
That’s about it. If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below.
More by this Author
Every computer connected to the internet is assigned a unique 32 bit IP address. It looks like this: xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx. This basically serves as the identity of a computer. A computer also has a hostname. Knowing...
No comments yet.