Drone Manufacturing And Jobs Increase In Indiana, Ohio, And The National Marketplace
Imagine shut-ins receiving their medications. library books, mail, food,. and supplies by drone delivery to their front doors or a platform outside their bedroom windows.
Medications can be flown into remote places by drone where wheeled vehicles, helicopters, and even dog sleds, as the Iditarod race commemorates, cannot reach. Camera-equipped drones can reach tight places where lost people and pets may be trapped. Drones can be the tools of miracles.
Flight Technologies Boom In the Midwest
The major direction of drone manufacturing in the latter half of the 2010s was not spying and bombing, as many of the public feared, but rather service and help.
By late 2015, the drone manufacturing and operations industries had become Big Business in Ohio thanks to the many aviation and aerospace companies the state supports. Over $90,000,000,000 in revenue was assured nationwide within a few years in industries that would increase the effectiveness of Search and Rescue operations through the Civil Air Patrol and other agencies, agriculture, medical supply deliveries, and even retail delivery.
These companies do not work alone, but partner with other community based organizations, including divisions of NASA, the National Air and Space Association.
The flight-related public and private companies in Ohio had been partnering with colleges and universities as well as city governments to boost related research and development, marketing and sales, creation of local businesses, and creation of state and local jobs.
A new partnership was officially created in early December 2015.
Expanding Drone Industry Receives Larger Boost
Unmanned aerial vehicles, UAVs, or drones had already become a mullti-billion dollar industry in Ohio and a few other US States by the summer of 2015. At that point, additional momentum was added to the industry by new partnerships for Manufacturing and Education & Training sectors.
On Friday December 4, 2015 officials of Sinclair Community College in Dayton ,Ohio signed a new partnership agreement with Indiana State University representatives in Terre Haute. They agreed to cooperation in the development and manufacture of drones, followed by marketing, sales, and training of drone plots and related occupations.
The December 2015 project beginning is the seventh time that Sinclair College has partnered with another facility of higher education in order to promote and produce unmanned aerial vehicles for positive activities. These will not be spy drones or war drones, but helping drones.
Sinclair College leaders insist that they will maintain the school's working partnerships with several other institutions. These other schools include the massive Ohio State University and its branches, the University of North Dakota (a business-booming state), and Southern State Community College in Wilmington, Ohio.
The Dayton college is offering a Short-Term Technical Certificate that is a 24-hour to 25-hour program that can put people into entry-level technical positions.
Besides looking at and expanding helping-drone activities, the new project will develop more effective drone applications for agriculture and data analytics technology (within IT). Check it out at
Sinclair UAS Training & Certification Center
Sinclair Community College
444 W Third St
Dayton, OH 45402
Drone Training For Well Paid Jobs From Sinclair College
Courses offered are developed and conducted in partnership with state universities in Ohio. These classes include, as of March 2016:
- COA Smart - $650 : Introduction, training, and authorization to fly a Unmanned Aerial Vehicle of drone. This includes large drones that need an airfield and flight tower with highly trained personnel to guide their flight.
- UAV First Responder Leadership - $650 / 5 weeks - This is important to Search & Rescue missions, especially with the Civil Air Patrol, which is a part of the United States Air Force proper and no longer an auxiliary as of January 2016.
- Flight Training Device Session - $100
- Introduction to UAV (UAS), Online - $495 / 3 weeks
- UAV Precision Agriculture - $495 / 3 weeks - Surveying agricultural sites and even planting crops will become a large part of the economy.
- UAV and the Law - $495 / 3 weeks
- Geospatial Information - $650 / 5 weeks
- Current State of UAV Standards and Regulations - $495 / 3 weeks
Training includes time in the UAV simulation laboratory.
NASA and the Japan Ministry of Telecommunications, tested the concept of an "atmospheric satellite" for broadcasting in 2002, from a drone.
Types Of DronesClick thumbnail to view full-size
UAV/Drone Job Market Begins To Expand
In 2016 - 2017, Ohio plans encompass the development of thousands of drone-related jobs from R & D through flight among 1,200+ aerospace companies just in this state alone. As of late February 2016, the American market already has 600+ jobs in this field available. The location of employment is primarily several sites in California, Hood River, Oregon; Columbia, Lexington Park, and Patuxent, Maryland; sites in the State of Washington; Indian Springs, Nevada, and Buffalo, New York.
Sinclair College UAV Programs
Sinclair recently received $4 million in state funding to renovate and expand their physical location on the Dayton campus to support the mission of the National Center for UAS Training and Education.— Sinclair College Leaders, July 7, 2014
Sinclair has partnerships with Ohio State University, the University of North Dakota, Southern State Community College in Wilmington, the University of Dayton Research Institute, the Air Force Institute of Technology at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and the Center for Unmanned Aerial Systems at Colorado State University.— Barrie Barber, Staff Writer of Dayton Daily News 12/04/2015
The Ohio Space Corridor Branches Across Indiana To Terre Haute
Ohio Space Corridor Is Expanding Westward 195 Miles
Downtown Dayton Ohio and Sinclair College
Dayton is the sixth largest city in Ohio and the county seat of Montgomery County. Research & Development, Aerospace, and Aviation are its major industries since before 1900 and the Wright Brothers Bicycle Shop.
Top 15 Employers and Companies
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- Premier Health Partners
- Montgomery County Government
- Sinclair Community College - Very important in the area of drone research.
- Kettering Health Network
- The Kroger Company
- Lexis Nexis
- Dayton Public Schools
- Wright State University
- AK Steel Corporation
- University of Dayton
- Dayton City Government
- Dayton VA Medical Center - Government and Healthcare.
- Dayton Children's Medical Center
- Dayton Thermal
(Derived from Federal, City, County, and Chamber of Commerce figures.)
Indiana State University In Terre Haute
Terre Haute is a college town that supports several colleges, universities, technical schools, and at least one astronomical observatory. Indiana State University's College of Technology is advancing to become one of the best in the nation.
Terre Haute - Top 25 Largest Employers and Companies
- Union Hospital Healthcare
- Vigo County Schools
- Indiana State University - The Princeton Review named the school among its “Best in the Midwest” list for nearly a decade.
- Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation (Sony DADC)
- Terre Haute Regional Hospital
- ADVICS Automobile Brakes & Chassis Manufacturing
- United States Federal Correctional Complex
- Union Associated Physicians (UAP)
- Bemis Polyethylene Bags/Flex Packaging
- Vigo County Government
- City of Terre Haute Government
- First Financial Bank
- Great Dane Trailers Truck Manufacturing
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley
- ELANCO - Division of Eli Lilly Mfg. Animal Feed
- Thyssen Krupp Presta Automobile Steering Columns439
- Taghleef Oriented Polypropylene Film
- GE Aviation Mfg. Turbine Engines-- GE Aviation has two facilities, a large structures fabrication plant, and a component repair complex.
- Alorica Customer Call Service Center
- Staples Midwest Distribution Center
- Duke Energy - Utility
- Indiana Air National Guard
- Providence Medical Group
- Clabber Girl Baking Powder
(Derived from Federal, City, County, Chamber of Commerce and Terre Haute Economic Development Corporation, figures available for 4th Quarter 2014 and 3rd Quarter 2015.)
© 2015 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
UNIVAC is a name that is a combination of syllables and letters: UNIV-A-C. It means Universal Automatic Computer and was developed by Dr. Presper Eckert...
The Film and TV industry is recovering here! Top Job forecasts through 2020. Healthcare jobs will increase to 2100. Abundant openings expected in IT/Computers, Healthcare, Trucking, and Automotive.
After much hard work in writing countless resumes, cover letters, and job applications, employment candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. We can help with the information in...