Local SEO - The Importance for Local Businesses
Local SEO - a Rundown of the Basics
Local SEO is now one of the most important aspects of the strategy of any local business whether it be a start up or a long standing company.
Traditional means of promotion such as the Yellow Pages and other printed directories are dramatically reducing in size as everyone moves on to the world of the internet.
Why would people continue to trawl through a directory when all they need to do is simply type in a few words into Google and they will be immediately presented with what they are looking for.
What's more not only will they see what they're looking for, they'll also have instant access to countless reviews provided by other people who have bought products or used the services.
What this means is that local businesses need to get their website or social media profile (preferably both) to the top of Google so that people are actually able to find them.
This is achieved through content optimisation and building strong links from other quality websites to ensure that your website has built authority and trust in the eyes of Google.
Some businesses opt to do this themselves inhouse, while others outsource this kind of work to local SEO consutlants.
Either approach can work as long as you know what you're doing!
Check out this great guide to local SEO to find out more: Moz guide to local SEO
7 Local Ranking Signals to Take into Account
- Use up to date contact information, actual address, opening hours, telephone number and photos on your Google local business listing.
- Maintain consistency in NAP (Name, Address and Phone) between your Google local listing, your website and any directory or other website that mentions your business.
- Choose an accurate category for your business on you local Google listing.
- Try to use a product or service based keyword in your business title.
- Try to use a location based keyword in your business title.
- How close the business is to the searched location.
Local SEO Signals
Small Business Guide to SEO - Video
Local SEO Resources
Do you consider local SEO to be important?See results without voting
© 2010 devoteddomains
No comments yet.