Excel help on part of a formula
Working with Excel
Learning how to use Excel is quite useful for those that work in an office, deal with payroll, or are attempting to adjust or analyze their own finances. Using Excel has its marketing advantages too. You can complete and form graphs using excel calculations to physically portray your ideas in what is known as a pie chart to any prospecting client that you are pitching ideas to. If you combine products like Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word you end up with a go to Marketing power house. Excel charts and graphs can be used and added to any PowerPoint presentation on a wide variety of topics from dog grooming shampoo products to automotive fuel usage.
How to use Excel
Evaluating Parts of a Formula
Excel provides an Evaluate Formula tool that helps you to evaluate parts of a formula (that is, calculate the result) and to trace the precedents of the parts of the formula. The capability to evaluate parts of a formula can prove very useful if your tracking down errors in formulas.
To evaluate parts of a formula, follow these steps:
1. Click the cell that contains the formula.
2. Choose Tools>Formula Auditing>Evaluate Formula.
You can also click the Evaluate Formula button dialog box. In the Reference area, the cell reference appears. The Evaluation preview box displays the formula with the first expresssion or cell reference underlined.
3. To show the value of the underlined expression, click Evaluate. Excel italicizes the result of the expression.
4. Repeat Step 3 as many times as necessary to evaluate all expressions in the formula.
5. Use the Step In button to examine the formula that the underlineed cell reference in the expression represents. Use the Step Out button to evaluate the current reference and return to the previous reference.
6. Click Close after you finish evaluating the formula.
Remember: The Step In button is not available if a cell reference lies in a difference workbook.
More by this Author
Ages 0-5 are the crucial learning years for your child. Make the most of these years by supplying fun, friendly games to engage your child and advance their learning adventure.
Attending a baby shower is fun, but the real fun comes behind Hosting A Baby Shower! Learn how to organize and supply fun games to play whether its a 'Females Only' Baby shower or family oriented.
No comments yet.