Facebook Sackings – 10 People Who Got Fired Through Facebook
Be careful what you post on facebook
With the advent of social networking some people still have to learn that what they post on facebook can come back to haunt them in a big way. Whether you have added your boss as a friend and just forgotten, or one of your facebook 'friends' grasses on you, you can never be quite sure who is going to find out about what you are saying. So the best bet is not to comment at all on your job if you want to keep it!
The other thing you really need to do is to keep an eye on your privacy settings to make sure that your posts are only restricted to your friends - if 'friends of friends' can see what you have posted then again you don't know who is going to see it, and making it public, well that could open you to a whole heap of trouble! Log out of your account and then go and find it again as if you are an external browser and check what you can see of your own account. Or even better get someone who is not friends with you on facebook to see what they can see.
Below are 10 people who forgot these rules and managed to lose their jobs through things that they have posted on facebook. There are bound to be many more who we maybe don't get to hear about so these may only be the tip of the iceberg!
10 People Who Got Sacked Through Facebook
So, check out what some of these people posted which meant the end of their jobs or ever career, and make sure that you don't make the same mistakes!
- Kimberly Swann, 16, was sacked after complaining that her job was boring through her facebook status. Her boss saw her posts and sacked her on the spot.
- Ashley Johnson, 22, was sacked from her job as a waitress in a pizza restaurant after she complained about a $5 tip that a couple left her after sitting at their table for 3 hours. She was fired for violating company policy that said you cannot speak badly about customers.
- Stephanie Bon from the UK was sacked from her bank job after complaining that the boss of the bank earned significantly more than her. She pointed out that she earned £7 an hour when the boss earned £4,000 an hour. The bank denied she was sacked because of the comments as she was on a temporary contract.
- In Philadelphia, a stadium worker for the Philadelphia Eagles was sacked when he complained in no uncertain terms about the team letting go of a player that he really liked.
- In New York a first grade teacher was sacked from her job after she complained on her facebook page that her job felt like a warden overseeing future criminals…
- A Swiss woman was fired from her job after she told her bosses that she was unable to work on a computer due to a migraine. She was then fired when she was found to be using facebook when she should have been resting.
- 13 crew members from Virgin Atlantic were sacked after entering into a discussion on facebook that did not put the company in a good light and called the passengers ‘chavs’. They were all given the sack due to breaking staff policies and engaging in inappropriate behaviour.
- James Brennan, 20, was sacked from his job at Waitrose in the Uk when he wrote on facebook “F*** the Partnership” (referring to the John Lewis Partnership that owned Waitrose). One of his facebook ‘friends’ showed the post to his boss and he was fired.
- Ashley Payne, a teacher from Georgia, was sacked because of pictures she had on facebook showing her drinking. She didn’t even look drunk in the pictures and they were of places she had travelled to on her holidays like the Guinness brewery and vineyards in Italy.
- In the UK a young woman forgot that she had added her boss as a friend and went on a rant about him and her job which he swiftly replied to and sacked her for. Pictures of the facebook status and the reply swiftly got sent round the internet.
More by this Author
If you want some texture under your paintings then you can buy texture in the shops or you can make your own. Find out instructions how and the materials you need.
Looking to buy a kindle but wondering whether you should get kindle wi-fi or kindle wi-fi and 3G? Check out this article which may help you decide.
This is my technique that I have made up for creating abstract paintings with watered down acrylic paint. I have sold quite a few paintings created with this method.