Falling is the latest internet meme – Hilarious videos and pictures of the new fad
Falling is an internet meme, trend or fad that has gone viral just like its predecessors Owling, Planking, Horsemanning and others. Here's a silly look at pictures of falling and a funny falling video that has gone viral.
Note: Princesswithapen does not endorse the act of falling and the below is a mere inference of the pictures and videos which have already been uploaded on the internet and YouTube. Do not try this at home or at any other place.
What is falling?
Falling is the latest internet meme to go viral. A falling video attracted nearly a million views within weeks of uploading. It basically involves recording on video the act of falling in public places, preferably supermarkets. Unlike owling and horsemanning where subjects generally took pictures of them, falling is all about taking videos. Yes, pictures help too, but the whole idea is to record the reaction of bystanders when someone falls beside them. The idea behind falling is to come up with more creative and fun ways to fall without getting hurt or causing harm to others in any way.
Who can do falling?
Falling is for everyone – Men, women, boys and girls. Like other things that have no logical reasoning behind their origination, there are really no limitations as to who can pursue this latest internet trend of falling. As common sense suggests, people with existing injuries, old folks and any other person with a physical disability or someone who is likely to get hurt should not do falling.
Falling: How to
Unlike internet memes like owling and horsemanning, Princesswithapen will not be giving descriptions on how to fall or techniques of falling as this can be result in cuts, bruises or even broken bones. However, based on common sense and logical inference from the falling videos, here is what the participants aim to do.
1. They find a spot in a public space, more likely a supermarket aisle where two or more people can record themselves falling.
2. An aisle where no real damage or monetary loss is likely to be suffered, is chosen.
3. While one participant holds the video camera, the other falls behind or near an unsuspecting shopper.
4. The fall is generally highlighted by running into loose items like boxes, toilet paper rolls, pack of chips, trolleys and other props.
5. The impact of this internet fad is highlighted by making grunting noises, moans or throwing things in the air.
6. There is really no fixed technique to fall. However it has been noticed that all the participants do not seem to be hurt after falling. The whole idea of this trend is not to hurt oneself, but to create a video that is hilarious and funny.
7. The participants also ensure that each and every moment of falling is recorded on videos that are uploaded on YouTube and other internet platforms.
Falling: Will it be as popular as owling and horsemanning?
With memes like owling and horsemanning, no real setup was required. You could do it at any place and any time whether there was anyone watching it or not. Falling however seems utterly useless if there are no onlookers. Another solid advantage of the other internet memes is that pictures were sufficient to bring an amusing smile on the face. However with falling, a video seems like a must. Falling seems to have other inherent risk of being injured, causing others harm by bumping into them or causing monetary loss especially when done in supermarket aisle.
Falling: The act of falling deliberately in supermarket aisles in front of unsuspecting shoppers to record a funny video. Who would have thought?
Falling video that has gone viral
If you can't get enough of falling, you will love these classics
More by this Author
After Planking and Owling, Horsemanning is a photo trend that has gone viral. A concept back from the 1920s, Horsemanning is now a hot new Internet meme that has taken the online community by a storm. Here's a peak into...
Considered to be a variation of planking, Owling is an Internet meme that has gone viral. Here's a quick look at why the act of perching like an owl has gone viral, some of the best Owling pictures, celebrity Owling...
Is it a sign that my ex still loves me if he keeps calling me? Find answers to this question and more. This post discusses some of the telltale signs that your ex is still not over you.