Flash Hybrid OS Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
Flashing Hybrid OS Blackberry 9300
The following guide details procedure for flashing a hybrid os to a Blackberry 9300.
- Search and install your selected hybrid operating system for your device. Make sure your hybrid matches your base OS
- OS will install to the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files (check x64 directory for 64 bit machines)
- Delete file titled 'Vendor.xml' located in apploader folder at the following path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\
- It is advisable to make appropriate data back ups prior to flash
- Install your chosen hybrid to default path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files
- You may back up any desired applications with third party programs such as Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BBSK) or Blackberry Master Control Panel (BBMC)
- Once you have completed extracting and installing your hybrid operating system. Upon exiting, a hybrid customization program will launch. Namely either 'Shrink-A-OS' or 'Blackberry Hybrid Tool'
- Choose your customization as needed. Once complete select 'Shrink my OS'
- Now hit 'Launch Loader'
- Follow prompts in loader until installation completes
- If you experience difficulty it is recommended to update your blackberry base OS to one matching your hybrid install prior to initiating your hybrid installation
- Alternatively, if having difficulty you may try to wipe your device entirely with a program such as 'JL Commander' Delete all base os files in your 'Shared\Loader' directory. Install your hybrid to default directory. Manually run the Loader located in your \AppLoader\Loader.exe directory
- Upon powercycle flashing will be completed
Note: If you happen to brick device. Re-install stock carrier provided firmware to Loader files directory.
- Open Command terminal (Start>Run>Cmd)
- cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader
- Once you are pointed at the above directory (Apploader) issue the following command:
- Loader.exe /resettofactory
More by this Author
This article details the unlock and jailbreak procedure for an IPhone 2G running firmware version 3.1.3. This enables Cydia, provides capability to configure "Installous", and unlocks the device for use with...
This article is a guide to unlocking 'Old Security' Blackberry devices from within Windows. This method is compatible specifically with old security units. Will not work with any 'New Security' models. Consult the...
This procedural article will detail how to debrand and flash a Motrola Razr V3. The benefits to debranding include removing all carrier customizations and restrictions aswell as added enhancements and improved...
No comments yet.