Magellan RoadMate 1470 with AAA TourBook
By now most if not all of us know what a GPS is and what it can do for us. Traveling across the country or across town is easier with a GPS navigation device. There will always be those play dates or doctors appointments that are located in a less than familiar area so instead of wasting time driving around looking for an address – just enter it into a GPS and get the directions at your fingertips.
Wanting a GPS is easy. Deciding on which one to purchase is not so easy. Will it be a Garmin? Would a TomTom be better? Then there are those that are less common to the masses. The Magellan RoadMate 1470 is a GPS that I think you should consider.
GPS with 4.7-Inch Touchscreen
What does the RoadMate have that other GPS navigation devices do not have? First of all the 4.7 in widescreen Touchscreen is larger than most. Typically 4.3 inch Touchscreens are the norm. The larger the screen the more real estate you can see at a glance. Whether you are looking at a map from the US, Canada or Puerto Rico you need as much information as possible that is easy to see and easy to understand.
If you are familiar with AAA (Triple A) you know that they are experts when it comes to travel and road trips. The Magellan RoadMate 1470 has the AAA TourBook and Roadside Assistance information loaded onboard.
The Magellan RoadMate has the high-end features expected on a GPS.
- Multi-destination routing – choose several addresses at once and get organized routing. If you want the destinations in a different order you can change them.
- Millions of POIs (Points of Interest) for restaurants, gas stations and hospitals just to name a few. Phone numbers in addition to the address will usually be included. Bookmark your favorite locations.
- Text-To-Speech – Street names are spoken so your eyes stay on the road and you are not confused when the next right or left turn could be one of many.
- Predictive Text – makes entering addresses easier and faster. Just start typing on the address and you will be provided with options
- Night Viewing Automatic Adjustments – As darkness falls the screen automatically adjusts
- Traffic Link Service Available – Reports real-time traffic conditions. (Updates are free but there may be a subscription fee)
- Lane Assist – Highway signs are shown on the screen that will lead you to the correct lane for the upcoming merge or exit.
- Designed as a thin compact device
I have been a member of AAA for several years. It is comforting that their roadside assistance is available in just about any area of the US. The Magellan RoadMate 1470 with the AAA TourBook and the Roadside Assistant Menu has a lot to add when planning a trip. Businesses have been rated and reviewed in advance and emergency help is at your fingertips.
More by this Author
All kids want a cell phone - even the very young. Many parents agree that they need one for several reasons including, safety, family communication and last but not least - entertainment.
You have to take notes and you can never keep up with them afterwards.You wish that your notes would magically appear on your computer where they could be edited and cleaned up a bit. There is always someone wanting a...
No comments yet.