GPS: Navigon 7200T Free Traffic Alerts
GPS devices have become so common that advertisers are now telling customers to enter the store’s address in theirs. For those without a GPS it creates the feeling that they better get one. They are for sure missing out on an important trend.
As you begin shopping for a GPS you will have the barrage of makes and models thrown at you online, in newspapers, in magazines and over the radio. How are you to decide on which GPS is best for your individual needs? Not to scare you off, I can tell you up front that they decision will get more complicated the more you shop.
Most people that ask me for advice about which GPS to choose, start out by saying, “I do not need all of the bells and whistles offered by the high end models. I just need a basic model”. I totally understand their feelings but then I have to ask them a few questions.
· Do you intend to use your GPS as a hands free device? If so, you will need Bluetooth.
· Do you get confused when told to turn right or left and there are multiple options in a short distance? If so, you will need voice directions that tell you the names of the streets as well as the direction to turn.
· Do you drive on unfamiliar highways on a consistent basis? If so, you will want Lane Assist.
These are just a few of the important features to consider. Of course these tend to be some of the higher priced features as well. However, that does not necessarily become a deal breaker. The Navigon 7200T offers these features and many other high end features for less than you would expect to spend on a GPS.
- Voice input for directions on the fly. What a great feature!
- Free Real-Time Traffic Alerts for up to 80 major cities – free for the life of the unit.
- Landmark 3D views make the map look more life-like. Familiar buildings can often be seen as you drive towards them. Road signs will also be displayed in real-life view.
- Lane Assist Pro shows you the layout of the highway ahead and offers arrows that guide you to the correct lane for the upcoming exit.
- How often have you wondered if the next exit would be the correct one for you favorite fast food or restaurant. The Navigon 7200T lets you check out the POI (Points of Interest) of each exit before taking it.
I have highlighted the features that I think are important but there are many others that you may want as well. If you have shopped for GPS devices before you already know about the calculator, the currency information, the MP3 possibilities, the address book and those features that are nice but not necessarily the decision makers.
There is one other feature that is pretty unique. If you loose track of your speed or if the speed limit signs are sparse, the Navigon 7200T knows the appropriate speed of your location and will warn you if you are exceeding it. Love it.
More by this Author
You have to take notes and you can never keep up with them afterwards.You wish that your notes would magically appear on your computer where they could be edited and cleaned up a bit. There is always someone wanting a...
"I am too busy to begin packing now - I will get to that later". Au contrarie, start gathering now and sort later. Otherwise you will pack too much and possibly leave behind what you really need.