Ghost Hunter Equipment| What You Will Need For An Investigation
The Latest Technology Can Help With Your Investigations
If you are interested in the paranormal or thinking about joining a ghost hunt, it is far more technological then one might think. Paranormal equipment changes and only gets better throughout time as more and more evidence is brought to light. To have an accurate and most believable investigation, you will need some of these handy pieces of paranormal equipment. They also make things go a lot easier in investigations, as well as helping to keep track of when and where your evidence took place.
Here are some quick facts and helpful tips when conducting a paranormal investigation:
- It is better to work in groups but not more then 4 or 5, generally. Pairing up is recommended rather then going at it alone. Too many people in one location can lead to contamination of evidence.
- Always make sure that the location you are investigating has given you permission. DO NOT trespass on anyone's property or conduct in anything illegal.
- When filming or recording, be sure to make note of any sound you or another investigator have caused so as not to be confused with evidence finding. Also, if you do hear or see something out of the normal, be sure to state where you are and at what time so it is easy to analyze later.
- While asking questions to try to summon a spirit, be sure to give enough time for one to answer. Be as quiet as possible during investigations.
Check These Out!
- Ghost Hunting Equipment Gear - EVP Recorder, EMF Meter, Full Spectrum Camera, Paranormal Investigati
Ghost hunting equipment and gear for paranormal investigators. EMF Meter, Full Spectrum Cams, EVP Recorder, TriField Meter, Laser Grid, Infrared / Nightvision IR Lights, Ghost Hunter equipment and more.
- Ghost Hunting Equipment
Using the proper Ghost Hunting Equipment is the key to any successful Ghost Hunt. Here's a list of the most commonly used ghost hunting tools to get you started.
Paranormal Investigtion Lingo
If you have been to a ghost hunt, or watched some of the ones they have on television these days (i.e. Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures), you have probably heard many of these terms. Here is rundown so you're not so confused as to what in the balls they are talking about when you hear it.
- EVP- EVP stands for Electronic Voice Phenomena and are generated noises that can resemble speech from a spirit. Static, radio transmissions, and background noise are all sources of EVP. You get them through recordings of paranormal equipment such as a voice recorder. But this piece of paranormal equipment is not like just any voice recorder. It is used as a detection of very sensitive noises such as a spirit voice. I will explain more about it when we get to the equipment.
- Entity- An entity is described as something that is of a separate existence. It may not be a material type existence, but a general sense of being. An entity has no real form and in the paranormal world, it is your ghost or spirit.
- Shadow People- A shadow person(s) is a form of ghost only, of course, shadow-like. They are defined as supernatural shadow-like humanoid figures, and are seen mostly in your peripheral vision. They also move very quickly, so when you think you've seen one, it is often hard to catch or prove. They are also tricky to the eye. Some even consider them as dark entities with malevolent intentions, but that is not proven.
- Apparition- An apparition is a spectral image of a person that has materialized though their physical body does not. When we think of a white, see through ghostly figure, that is an apparition.
- Demon- Pure Evil. Speaks in a religious text.
- Doppelganger- This is an exact spirit double of a person. A mirror image. This is considered to be very negative and some also believe that if you are to see you doppelganger, you are supposedly going to die although this is not proven.
- Mist- A mist can be a photographed anomaly that forms a mist like existence. However, this is no actual proof that this has to do with the paranormal.
- Orb- An orb is an anomaly that supposedly represents the "spirit" of a dead person. They appear as a ball of light. There is much controversy of orbs due to insects, reflections, dust, and lens flares can appear like an orb in a photo.
- Out-Of-Body Experience- Sometimes you may hear a person say they had an out-of-body experience. Generally what they mean is they felt their spirit travel to a different location then their actual physical body.
- Phantom Smell- Some people will claim to smell a random fragrance. For instance, while investigating, a strong smell of cigarette smoke may suddenly appear around you. It is obviously hard to prove these kinds of situations. But it does help solidify if say your trying to call out a spirit of a man who used to be in this location and who smoked.
Hope the vocab lesson will help you along in your investigations!
Not sure if you can handle it? Try ghost hunting online!
Paranormal Equipment for and Investigation
And now we will get to the paranormal equipment used to help with an investigation. Of course, you do not actually need these pieces of paranormal equipment to be able to conduct and actual investigation, but they can help with your investigation as well as your evidence. There are many different kinds of these pieces of paranormal equipment and prices as well depending on brand and quality.
Paranormal Investigation Equipment
- Digital Video Recorder: DVR's are going to be one of your primary tools, so you will want go after quality and there are many on the market. You are going to need one with great sound quality and a static free shotgun microphone so you have video and sound.
- Night vision camera and equipment: There are night vision scopes and adapters out there that you can attach right to your video recorder so you can be recording in complete darkness.
- Flashlights: DUH. This is a necessity wandering around any place in the dark, but a modern up-to-date LED flashlight will be in your best interest. You ill have a longer battery life with an LED flashlight, as well as unbreakable bulbs, and different color lights and intensities. And remember just in case, that you and your team carry back-up flashlights as well.
- EMF Detector: This piece of paranormal equipment picks up electronic magnetic fields in different frequencies. If your are in a spot with there is little to none electricity and a high EMF reading, there is a good chance there is a ghost around. That is because it is said that a ghost can use up all the energy around them to try and manifest themselves. This is a handy piece of paranormal equipment you and your team should have- and they are fairly cheap!
- Walkie Talkies:These are a definite must when conducting investigation, especially when investigating a rather large location. There is no use in someone getting lost number one, but it also comes in useful when trying to locate other team members when hearing a sound to see if it came from there locations. Do yourself a big favor and make sure everyone has a walkie talkie.
- Extra Batteries: Extra Batteries! For everything!
- 35mm. Camera: That's right, some old school stuff right there. Why? A 35mm camera actually catches images that even the best digital cameras to date do not, especially one with only black and white film.
- Motion Detectors: Yes, they can detect movement from a ghost! Motion detectors are a handy piece of paranormal equipment to have with you on an investigation. Key places would be near a door or places you know of to have a lot of paranormal activity.
- First Aid Kit: Last but most definitely not least- Safety First! You never know what may happen when a bunch of terrified people are roaming around in the dark searching for ghosts in possible abandoned places.
Don't Forget to Vote!
Have/Would You Conduct A Ghost Hunting Experiment at a Reported Haunted Location?See results without voting
There is much more to offer in the world of paranormal equipment, but those are just some of the basics. There are tons more equipment out there to please you on your hunt. The links provided are some good sites and stores for you to search and see what you can find. I would LOVE to hear the outcome and experiences in your investigations. Feel free to share with me!
Check Out Some More Haunting Reads!
- What Are The Most Haunted Places In America?
Come check out the most haunted places in America. Find all the information on their rich and rather dark history and you will see how they have become the most haunted places in America!
- What Are Some of The Most Darkest Haunted Places in the World?
The article describes famous haunted places throughout the world. It gives an indepth view of the location and it's ghosts.
- What Are The Scariest Halloween Attractions for Adults?
Take my hand and follow me as we tour some of the most haunted and scariest Halloween attractions in the Country. Hold on tight!
- Who Are The Investigators of the Ghost Adventures Crew?
If you love Ghost Adventures, then come and learn more about those investiagtors you see on the show.
© 2012 Brianna
More by this Author
I always need my everyday essentials in my makeup bag. They are the products you will find me using day in and day out. What's in yours?
Are you traveling in Virginia or looking for new places to visit. How about catching up on history at Major Graham Mansion in Max Meadows, Virginia. And, you cannot leave here without doing a ghost
We women love our shoes. So just who are those top shoe designers from around the world that design those amazing shoes that adorn our pretty little feet?