GoogleMaps :: Marker's GoogleMaps :: infowindow's GoogleMaps :: Google Maps
GoogleMaps Marker's and GoogleMaps Infowindow's
A Google Maps Marker is presented, as standard, in Google Maps and when a Google Maps Layer is requested by ticking the appropriate option in the [More...] drop-down list or selecting one of the [Show Search Options].
Each layer is associated with it's own distinct coloured marker, picture or thumbnail.
You can overlay the map with as many of these as you want but I suggest you use one overlay at a time as the map can get very crowded, very quickly, especially when the map is of a metropolitan area.
GoogleMaps Locations Layer's with Marker's and Infowindow's
Google Maps Businesses Layer with Marker Icons & Infowindow
Google Maps User-Created Maps Layer with Marker Icons
Google Maps Real Estate Layer with Marker Icons
Google Maps Photos Layer with Photo Icons
Google Maps Videos Layer with Video Icons
A Google Maps Marker appears on a Google Map to highlight an important location.
For [Show Search Options] the following layers show markers:
- Locations - there is a representative icon marker for each type of property located on the map.
- Businesses - red dots and larger red icons are used as markers on the businesses layer.
- User-created Maps - users are able to create their own maps and corresponding Google Maps Custom Markers.
- Real Estate / Properties - red dots and larger red icons are used as a marker on the real estate (US) / Properties (UK) layer, just as for businesses.
Real Estate / Properties is also available from the [more...] drop-down list. The other layers available from the [more...] list that have markers associated with them are :
- Photos - rather than markers being presented, the photos layer shows small and large bordered photograph thumbnails.
- Videos - videos are from YouTube.
- Wikipedia - the marker for the Wikipedia layer is a [W].
- Webcams - as for photos and videos, the webcam layer presents webcam thumbnails rather than a marker.
- Buzz - the marker that is presented for Buzz is a speech bubble.
See Google Marker :: Google Maps Marker :: Google Map Marker by Humagaia for a full description of GoogleMaps Markers.
Google Maps Wikipedia Layer with Marker Icons & Infowindow
Google Maps Webcams Layer with Webcam Thumbnails
Google Maps Buzz Layer with Marker Icons & Infowindow
Google Maps infowindow pop-ups appear when you click a Google Maps Marker. They display additional information about the location.
Google Maps infowindows contain pictures, addresses, web-addresses, real estate / properties information, reviews and star ratings.
An infowindow also has links to Directions, Search nearby, Save to, [more....] or [more info....], Zoom here, Street View, Write a Review, Send, Move marker, Edit details, Report a problem and Show all edits.
For full information read Google Infowindow :: Google Maps Infowindow :: Google Map Infowindow by Humagaia.
Use one of the pencils above to scribble a note to Humagaia about this GoogleMaps Marker's and Infowindow's Article. 3 comments
More by this Author
Google Italy (Google Italia, www.google.it) is a search engine for Italy, based on the classic Google homepage. Google Italy comes in Italian. If you want to see the search page in a language other than Italian...
Google Australia (www google com au) is the Google search page for Australia. Google Australia homepage is the Classic Google homepage localized for Australian requirements. Google Aus (www.google.com.au) allows you to...
Gold grade, different gold grades are gold purity, gold ore grading and collectible gold coin grading. Gold grades: Carat, Karat. Gold grade is gold purity. Gold grades relate to the purity of gold; the grade of gold...