Google Panda Versus Suite 101 Algorithm Changes Disgruntle Authors
Hubpages Has Taken Action To Improve Standing With Google
Hubpages has taken a strategic step forward after the impact reduced views and ratings with the Google Search Engine. And, if you write for Hubpages, please follow these instructions before the month of July ends to retain your brand and user name.
Hubpages will transition to creating 'subdomains' for each author. That means your good works will be graded and noted by Google. Hopefully, as a result Hubpages will be in the good graces of SEO, as Google recognizes 'people' within the community, rather than spammed popular topics by unoriginal poorly written articles.
Good Writers Get Bumped
Suite 101 got their writers hands tied in early 2011
Like Ezine, Hubpages, Scribd, About.com, EHow.com and many other platforms where authors express themselves, demonstrate their writing talents, and educate the public on a variety of niche topics, Suite 101 provides a work space for great authors. They are concerned much more with quality, as opposed to quantity.
Just when things are going along smoothly, ReadWriteWeb gives the lowdown on the statistics as Suite 101 climbs the content ladder, "BAM!" Google changes the algorithms and their readership plummets 94%. Is that possible? Was that tricky manipulation? What's going on there?
The comments on the ReadWriteWeb blog posted by Suite 101 authors demonstrate that the requirements for quality work requires authors to fulfill certain steps on each article. Hubpages expects authors to post original work and we get nailed if the copy has lifted material or content from other areas of the net. Over at Suite 101 they actually have editors checking each piece for accuracy and literacy. Pretty neat, but I bet also frustrating to jump the hurdles.
By changing the algorithm, Google has purposely manipulated the search engine ratings to raise the ranking of eHow. What do you say to that? We know that everything that runs in the background can change what comes up on the public computer screens. Just like the war over at YouTube when they started to feature their paying customers and star videos, the little guy lost their visibility.
- *According to Sistrix, Suite basically lost 94% of its rank.
Just check out some of these quality writers
- Jill Stefko has expertise in the paranormal including: parapsychology, cryptozoology, Fortean phenomena, anomalies, UFOs, earthbound spirit releasement, attachment, possession and depossession, aliens and demonic possession and exorcism which some consider a religious subject.
- Lena Gott published her first e-book, "How to Make Money on Suite101.com."
- Karen Berger has an extensive bio. Karen Berger is a writer currently focusing on travel, the outdoors, the environment, global health, music, and the business of being self-employed. She is the author of 15 books, including Backpacking and Hiking: An Eyewitness Companion (DK, 2005), which has been published in American and European editions in 12 languages. Her most recent book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Piano Exercises was published by Alpha Penguin in January, 2011.
- Mia Carter professional pet care writer, journalist and Suite101's Mind & Soul editor. I highly recommend you take a look at all she does on the internet. Definitely a "Jill of all trades."
- Daniel Workman, a prolific writer on international trade articles attracts about 4 million page views per year. Drawing on over 30 years of experience crafting international trade and insurance documentation.
- Joy Butler has been writing for Suite 101 since 2001. That's a really long time! Her two passions, writing and animals, merged in the ebook, In the Hearts of Beasts, which showcases the extraordinary courage and compassion of animals.
- Bonny Albo, like many Suite 101 writers, do ghost writing for many other people. Bonny Albo is a full time freelance writer and copywriter, who has been writing for twenty years for newspapers, television, new media, Internet, and print.
- Melanie Zoltan has such a high profile and incredible biography with a list of reputable and professional venues that it is impossible not to say glowing remarks about her work. She taught U.S., World, and Latin American History and government courses for Bay Path College, Nichols College, and Carnegie Mellon University. Her writing has appeared in print and online since 1986, for publishers and clients that include PC World, The Washington Post, Boston Globe Magazine, Bay State Parent, Today's Parent, Thomson Gale, W.W. Norton, Pearson, Lerner Media, Prentice Hall, ToysRUs, EBSCO, and more. She also writes for Continuing Education with About.com, owned by The New York Times Co.
Google Panda Changes | Hubpages Major Forum Discussion Concerning Low Grades for Hubpages Authors
My Feelings About The Google Changes
Please Give Your FeedbackSee results without voting
Search Engine RoundTable
An update on this hubpage comes from other writers on the google changes to algorithms and Panda. Many recommendations on how you can repair your Hubpages or other blogs can be found at Search Engine Roundtable.
Suite 101 is not the only loser. Hubpages ranks right up there with many other "content mills" as they call us. I think they better take a closer look at the top notch writers, the experience and the training that many of the authors have to be adding to the body of work on the internet. We are in the 5 top losers category:
I will say, that the trash and rehashed, poorly worded, grammatically incorrect and down right poor spelling on many pages abound. But, I don't believe the majority fall into that category.
Google Punishes Low Quality
Have The Google Algorithm Changes Affected You As A BloggerSee results without voting
About Google Links
- How Google Translate Works
We here present how Google translate works. If you want to find out how automatic translation works on Google translator, then you will need to read this article. Google translator is one of many newly...
- How Google Search Engine Works -Page Rank & Searchin...
Learning how Google works is a plus to everyone trying to make their presence felt in Google world, because the inner working principle of Google will strengthen your knowledge base of SEO competition. Believe...
- Google penalises duplicate web content
A Google algorithm (as of today with no official name) update on January 28, 2011 will mean sites with duplicate content will find it even harder to rank highly in search results, according to many SEO and...
More by this Author
29 reasons why I joined and use Twitter. That's why Twitter is special to me. Make a list and realize how much you love to tweet.
"Twitter Censoring Trending Topics? Isn't It About Time?" It's a bit of a paradox to bring this subject of censorship and spam to our attention. New Twitter Spam Filter!
Homeopathy heals strained, sprained and injured muscles and tendons with homeopathic remedies. One special remedy, Ruta graveolens, is often used for Tendonitis, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel and sports Injury.