HOW TO INSTALL PLIGG
Pligg is a Social networking CMS that lets users submit and Vote on news articles just like Digg or Reddit. Most voted articles are pushed to the Homepage.
1. Download Pligg from the Link Below:
2. Extract the Downloaded file onto your computer
3. Upload the "pligg" folder to your web server.This will be accessed on http://www.youwebsitename.com/pligg. If you want to access it on http://www.youwebsite.com, upload only contents in the "pligg" folder.
4. Now enter the address(in you web browser ) corresponding with how you uploaded your files and press enter.
If you are using a Local machine go to http://localhost/pligg
6. Click on Install like in the photo below.
7. On the Next screen select the Language you want to use. For our case i use "English"
8. Now we go on to STEP 1: Just click Next to go STEP 2.
Create a Database using Phpmyadmin(You can usually find this in the Cpanel of your web server), if you are using Wampp or Xampp on a Local machine, just go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin and Create a Database.
9. Now Enter the Database details in STEP 2.
For Database Name, type in the name of Database you created.
- For Database User Name and Database Password type in your Database Username and Database password.
- For Database server: contact your Web host for the Database server address.
- If you are using a Local computer, type in "localhost"
- You can leave the Table prefix with the default details.
- After entering Database details. Click "Check settings"
10. If the details you entered are correct. You will see "Database found" notice in Step 3. Click "Next" to continue to next step
11. In Step 4, Pligg will create database tables automatically.
After the Tables are created successfully, Enter your Admin login(Username), Admin password and the Admin Email. Then click on "Create Admin Password".
12. That's it, your site is up but you need to first delete the "Install" folder before you can start configuring and using your site. You also need to Chmond /libs/dbconnect.php" back to 644(not necessary if installing on a Local Computer)
- Click on "admin area" to start configuring site in the Administrator area.
More by this Author
Learn about all the internet chatroom slang and abbreviations in this comprehensive and informative article.