HOW TO STOP FACEBOOK FROM SHARING YOUR DATA WITH NON-FACEBOOK SITES
Facebook recently updated it's sites privacy settings to allow sharing of your data(personal) with 3rd-party websites like CNN,yelp and so on.
In this development the 3rd party sites (allegedly) collect your data to personalize your experience. Also these non-facebook sites connect with your friends so that they can track what their friends are interested in.This could be dangerous since you don't know the eligibility of these companies(anyone can create a facebook application without any checks)and could lead to very bad things like theft.
These new settings are called "Instant personalization" and are automatically set which means right now your data is being shared and unknowingly to you.
So to opt out of this:
1. Go to Account>privacy settings
2. Under privacy settings click on "Edit your settings" which is in the Apps and websites section
3. In the Apps and applications look for "instant personalization" and click "edit settings"
4. In the new window that pops out "info accessible through your friends" ,read carefully and un-check whatever data you don't to share with the non-facebook sites.
5. When done Click on "Save changes".
And you're done and your safe:)
- The Dangers of Facebook
After reading countless of hubs that talk about the joys and features of using facebook. Some pointing out the ways on how you can market and network on there, while others talk about some of the interesting...
- The Dangers of Facebook: More Dangers That You Should Know
After the resounding success of my last hub based on the dangers of Facebook, one person asked me how I would go about making a sequel to it if you will. To be quite honest, I wasn't exactly sure how to...
More by this Author
Learn about all the internet chatroom slang and abbreviations in this comprehensive and informative article.