Hero Academy - 4 Advanced Tactics & Strategies
Tip #1 - Double Typhoon as The Tribe
The Double Typhoon can only be used effectively when you position your units well:
- Place a Witch/Axe Thrower behind a Warrior near the centre of the map so you can Typhoon one or two units towards them.
- Use the Witch or Axe Thrower to deal high initial damage to reduce Typhoon'd unit's health to under 50%
- Then the Warrior to finish it off.
- Stomp the body with the Witch's spell or Stomping with the Warrior/Axe Thrower.
- Use a Typhoon to push any remaining units back.
- Keep an upgraded Chieftain around the middle of the map.
- When many units have amassed on your opponents side, use a typhoon to bring a whole column of units towards him - one should be directly in front of him.
- This will allow you to attack with the Chieftain and cause serious splash damage.
- You can then Typhoon the units that didn't die so that you can stay in your middle position and reduce damage taken next turn from vengeful enemy units.
With Luck you might be able to perform either of the two above strategies with one of your units on an attacking tile. This would make killing off Typhoon'd units that much easier.
Screenshots of the Strategy At Work
Tip #2 - Wraith & Impaler Combo
A very quick one but a nice subtle move that Dark Elves can do:
- Use the Impaler's attack to drag an opponent's unit in front of a Wraith.
- This will allow you to one-shot (most of the time) that unit with an upgraded Wraith.
- If it isn't upgraded, then you will be able to finish the unit off (with the Impaler if the Wraith is completely new) and then consume it.
Whilst this may not seem like a particularly powerful strategy it is subtle advanced moves like these that provide that winning edge in close battles.
See the thumbnail for an example where without realising I could pull a unit I would not have had enough action points to do everything I needed to.
Tip #3 - Use Trains (Map Specific)
On any map where trains are a possibility - you best be sure to actually use them.
- If you're lucky enough to be playing as Council, Dark Elves or The Tribe, you will have the big advantage of being able to push with the Knight, pull with the Impaler (the best by far for this) or drag units onto the train track with the Chieftain.
- Once there, make sure units have less than 400hp so that a train will stomp it and not just damage it.
- This will not only do great damage it will save you an AP for stomping!
- See thumbnail below for an example.
Tip #4 - Double Shaolin Dragon + Bamboo
- Saving both of your Dragons and one Bamboo as Shaolin is probably the easiest way to reap a win in Hero Academy.
- This is because not only can you focus down literally any valuable unit with its damage output whilst frying 2 other units in the process,
- You don't even need to have any units on the field to stomp the body!
- This leaves your opponent very little to do about it - make the strategy very unfair.
As always, refer to the thumbnail for an example and walkthrough.
Dragon PowerClick thumbnail to view full-size
© 2013 DK
More by this Author
A guide to playing as Dark Elves in Hero Academy. The funnest of all the teams in my opinion! Pictures galore!
How to play the Tribe in Hero Academy. Tips & tricks and pictures too! What a delight!
You may know that there are many health benefits of taking regular cold showers (link provided), but did you know that there are many incredible benefits of taking hot showers too? Read on to find out why maybe hot...