Hidden folder in Windows 7: How to create a hidden folder in Windows 7?
Sometimes you want to hide some folders or files of your computer. Do you ever feel to hide any folder or file? Most people often use several software to hide any folder. But you can easily hide any folder without using any software and make it hide from your parents, friends, brothers, sisters or any other people. This page will tell you the ways to hide any folder in Windows 7 without using any software. The techniques to hide any folder will work for all versions of Windows 7 including Ultimate, Ultimate, Premium, Professional, Basic, Starter and Enterprise edition.
Get Windows 7 Quickly
Steps to hide folders without using any software:
Follow the following steps to hide folders without using any software:
- Firstly, create a new folder.
- Right-click on the newly created folder and from the the menu select Rename option.
- Hold Alt key and press 9 key nine times and then press Enter key. You will see a blank folder name for that folder.
- Again right-click on that folder and select Properties.
- From the properties window, select Customize tab.
- Select Change Icon form the Folder icons part.
- Now, select a blank folder icon form the Change Icon for Folder window.
- Click on OK button.
- Again, click on OK button of the folder properties.
That's all. You will see that the folder is invisible or hidden. In this way, you can easily hide any folder from others in Windows 7 all versions including Ultimate, Ultimate, Premium, Professional, Basic, Starter and Enterprise edition.
If you face any difficulties or problem of the above instructions, then tell me in the comment section and I will try to help you.
@Written by rancidTaste.
You may be interested
- Index of Windows 7 (webTips123)
- Windows 7 Installation: How to install Windows 7 Operating System on Your Computer or PC?
- Move and back-up My Documents in Windows 7: Move and save all of your documents in Windows 7
- Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate: The GENUINE Windows 7 activator for x32 and x64
- Windows 7 keys or Windows 7 activator? Which one is ...
More by this Author
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...