How Can I Fix The Facebook Newsfeed Disappeared Glitch?
Currently, many people are reporting issues with their Facebook newsfeed.
If your newsfeed has disappeared, don't worry - it's not just you.
There are dozens of complaints across a wide range of websites and forums, as well as Facebook itself, regarding the newsfeed completely disappearing, glitching or otherwise causing major issues for users.
There also seem to be a few other unrelated glitches across the site.
Here is a brief guide to what's going on, what it means, who it effects and how to deal with this issue.
What Devices Are Effected?
Currently, there are reports of many types of devices having this issue, including iPhones, iPads and Androids.
Some people are also reporting issues on computers as well.
This indicates that it's no particular type of access method, but rather an issue with Facebook's site itself.
What Other Glitches Are Occurring?
Facebook seems to be experiencing a lot of glitches this week, often a sign that some big changes are being rolled out across the site, if history is anything to go by.
Alongside newsfeed issues, people are also experiencing some of these issues:
- Inbox messages not sending, or completely disappearing.
- Lags or slow loading pages.
The solutions listed below will also help resolve these problems too, in most cases.
How Can I Fix My Facebook Newsfeed?
Because this is a sitewide glitch on Facebook itself, there is no quick fix for this currently. So there are several options:
- Don't update your apps. In some cases this is causing the issue to occur, although not in all cases.
- Try a different internet browser.
- Wait an hour - many people are finding the issue is only temporary.
- Try a different device - a computer or an iPhone or a Tablet instead.
- If you're using Facebook on an app, try accessing it via a browser such as Safari instead.
- If you're looking for particular updates, visit the profile of the page or person directly, using the Facebook search feature.
- If you're wanting to skip the feed altogether and get notified of important updates, mouse over "friends" or "liked" on the page/profile in question and turn on "Get Notifications". Each time that page/profile posts, you'll receive a notification in your notification box, with a link to visit it directly.
- [Unconfirmed] Adding a new Facebook friend will make your feed return.
Contacting Facebook Directly
If you're experiencing ongoing issues, you can try the following two methods to reach resolution.
Images via Pixabay under Creative Commons Deed CC0, alterations & content by author.
More by this Author
Giraffe Pictures Are Showing Up All Over Facebook. What is the first thing you open? Here's the answer!
Facebook has hidden the OTHER inbox from both its mobile site and its smartphone app. Here's how to find it on mobile!
Just had oral surgery? Had your wisdom teeth removed? Eating can be hard and it is important for healing to eat only soft foods for a few days. With these suggestions, you won't get bored with food!
No comments yet.