How To Back Up Your Computer Files -Backing Up Computer Files - Computer Back Ups
External Hard Drives For Computer Backups
Backing Up Files On Computer
Doesn't it drive you crazy when you remember you should have backed up your files after you lost them? I know how this feels, I had this happen to me several times and I still neglected to learn the easiest way to back up my files.
If I lost my files I know that it can happen to you too. Read on and learn how to prevent losing important irreplaceable information.
What Is File Backup?
File or computer backup is when you copy your computer files onto a device or database you can access when your computer is no longer an option or convenience although you can also use your computers internal backup system which will not save you in the case of computer crash, fire or theft.
I'm sure this is happening to many of you and your not by yourself. Some of you may be lost and believe that the computers today automatically save your data along with returning you to the last web pages you visited. That is nice but what happens when your hard drive crashes or your computer is stolen?
Why Computer Backup?
Backing up your your computer gives you security. You can compare it with life insurance or full coverage car insurance. Except with a backup system you will have your exact property replaced in it's original format.
Protect yourself from:
- Computer Crash
Files To Backup You Should Consider
This list may be slightly different from what is important to you but you will hopefully end up with a more complete list of which important files to backup. If your wondering how to chose what is important to back up ask yourself this question "What can't I do without" or "What can't I replace".
- Receipts/Documents- Documents that you will be inconvenience if lost is the perfect place to start. Medical/Insurance,banking,and agreements are just a few of the documents that can be sorely missed .
- Website Passwords- Sure you can go to each website to regain your passwords but why not save the tiime by backing them up in advance?
- Music-It can take years or atleast a considerable amount of time to set up the perfect music selections. How upset would you be to lose it without notice?.
- Important Email Addresses
- Log in information.
- Special Lists - Have you ever planned a party/wedding and made a list or had special work assignment and needed to save it on your computer? Now imagine losing it.
It is not hard to backup your documents,photos and music you don't want to lose. You just have to know what your options are before chosing a back up solution.
How To Back Up Files On Your Computer
- Internal Hard Drive - Which is in your computer already. However you actually have to go to your system tool to locate and set it up.
- External Hard Drive - You can buy your own external hard drive and save your information directly.
- Flash Drive - Flash drives are the sticks that can be carried in your pocket or on a key chain. Just insert it into your computer to save your info. They come with different amounts of memory.
- CD-R/DVD-R - These disc may be ole sckool but can save you some hardship in a bind.
- Online File Storage - You can lose the other devices but you can't misplace an online service. There is most likely a monthly cost.
You have to decide which is the most secure data backup solution for your situation. Backing up files on your computer and prevent mishaps. The day before April Fools day is called National Backup Day for a reason. Don't find out why. Please share this article if you found it useful! Visit this site to learn more computer basics.
More by this Author
Need to clean your leather boots? Ever thought about washing your boots? Washing them not only gives them a fresh start but cleans Odor causing bacteria from perspiration. See how.....
There are many reason why we have shoulder pain,and a torn rotator cuff is one of them. You can hurt your shoulder joint when you least suspect it.
After living with sarcoidosis for over 20 years I wanted to share. Whenever I cheated my symptoms came back. Learn how to avoid unnecessary damage from sarcoidosis natually.