How To Set Up Android ADB/SDK
How To Setup ADB (Windows XP, 7)
The following guide details how to setup ADB (Android Device Bridge) for terminal interaction with your device. It is advisable to download any manufacturer specific service software to ensure proper functionality of USB drivers.
1) Install the latest copy of SDK from the link at the top of the page.
2) Launch SDK manager, accept and install the updates listed including Android SDK Platform Tools. Ensure that you have selected and installed the Google USB driver package. This may be located under Available Packages/Third Party Add Ons/Google USB driver package.
3) You will need to edit your path variable in system settings in order to utilize adb from command prompt. Right click My Computer. Select Properties.
4) Under Advanced System Settings navigate to System Properties under Advanced tab select Environment Variables.
5) Within the section titled System Variables select and edit Path.
6) Add the following code to the end of the current string listed - ;c:\android-sdk\tools;c:\android-sdk\platform-tools
7) Depending on the directory where you have installed SDK your path may differ. If you have installed to C drive you may utilize string listed above. Otherwise edit string according to Android/Android-SDK/Platform-Tools folder location.
To test if your setup is configured correctly plug device to USB. Under settings on the device ensure "USB Debugging" has been checked.
Open Command Prompt. Type "adb devices"
Message should read "List of devices attached" and include a serial number displaying as well.
More by this Author
This article is a guide to unlocking 'Old Security' Blackberry devices from within Windows. This method is compatible specifically with old security units. Will not work with any 'New Security' models. Consult the...
This article details the unlock and jailbreak procedure for an IPhone 2G running firmware version 3.1.3. This enables Cydia, provides capability to configure "Installous", and unlocks the device for use with...
This procedural article will detail how to debrand and flash a Motrola Razr V3. The benefits to debranding include removing all carrier customizations and restrictions aswell as added enhancements and improved...
No comments yet.