How To Take a Screenshot in Google Chrome - Awesome Screenshot App Review
Easy Screenshots in Google Chrome
While browsing the web have you ever stumbled across something amazing that you wanted to screenshot and upload to your blog, save as your background, or simply share with your friends? Typically, the process of taking a screenshot involves using the "Print Screen" key, which captures a full screen image, and pasting the image into Microsoft paint or Photoshop. After pasting, you then need to open an image editing program and crop out the extra unwanted portion of the image and save the file in a specific location. While not terribly complicated, this process involves using multiple programs and for computer impaired people it can often turn into a time consuming process. Additionally, if you want to edit or annotate the screenshot you'd better be familiar with Photoshop or another Photo editor.
Awesome Screenshot by Diigo
Thankfully, the screenshot process just became much more simple for the users of the Google Chrome web browser. A few months back Google introduced the Chrome Web Store which allows users to download Chrome applications, extensions, and themes. Chrome Web apps are basically the equivalent of downloadable apps for the iPhone or Android mobile phones, only these are installed into the Chrome web browser.
Now you can take a screenshot, annotate, and share it all from your Chrome browser using the Awesome Screenshot: Capture and Annotate app. No switching back and forth between programs or purchasing fancy photo editing software, you don't even need to minimize your web browser. The app allows you to capture the whole web page or any portion of it, annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines,and text. You can even blur sensitive information, thus allowing you to brag about your Adsense earnings without exposing your CPC. Also, you can upload the captured image to Twitter, Facebook, or Gmail to share it with friends with a single click. The screenshot is saved as a PNG file.
Easy screenshots with the Awesome Screenshot App
In order to capture, annotate, and share a screenshot with this app you'll first need to get things setup. Setup is extremely simple and should take you less then 3 minutes.
1. Download and install Google Chrome.
2. Open Chrome and head to the Chrome Web App Store. You can download the Awesome Screen Shot app by clicking this link. Installation is as easy as a click of your mouse. No selecting directories or files to unzip. Simple. Once installed you will see the lens icon (pictured above) in your Chrome browser, at the top right-hand side.
Now that you have Chrome running and the application installed, lets go through the screenshot process.
- Find an interesting web page with an image of something you would like to screenshot (for this example I'll use the Chrome Web Store homepage)
- Click the app icon near the top right side of the Chrome browser
- Select what you want to capture. You can capture the entire web page, only the area that you currently have highlighted, or only the visible portion of the page.
- Next the app will ask you to crop the area of interest, anything you don't select will be removed. Once you've selected the image or text you want to capture hit crop.
- After cropping you can annotate the image with text, rectangles, and circles by clicking the respective tool icons. Here I've added some text.
- Once you've made any changes you wish to add simply click the "Done" button
- At this point you can save you image to your computer by clicking "Option 1: Save Image as a file" and selection the local you wish to save it.
- Also, you share the images immediately to Twitter, Facebook, or Gmail by clicking "Option 2: Upload it to get a shareable link". You can also copy the link and share it with your friends or upload it to your blog etc...
- For this example I've saved the image to my desktop and uploaded it below.
Fast and Easy Screenshot
In conclusion, by using Google Chrome and installing the Awesome Screenshot application, you can easily capture high quality screenshots of any web page all from you web browser. Google has rendered the process of creating a screenshot as simple as sending an e-mail.
For more information on the Google Chrome Webstore and other Google products see these posts:
You can follow me on Twitter @enni82
If you enjoy writing and would like to earn some additional income, you can write for HubPages too! Click here to get started!
More by this Author
Fast and easy homemade protein bar recipes. Homemade protein bars provide a great source of high quality protein when your in a hurry and they are less expensive than buying pre-made bars.
Whether you think it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread or a major threat to our country, the fact is that the United States relies on nuclear power. The US is home to 104 operational nuclear power plants...
Retrovirus classification, structure, genome, and life cycle.