How to Add Google Analytics to Your Blog
HOW TO ADD GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO YOUR BLOG
Google analytics is one of the best tools that you can use to track information on how people find/come to your blog. In this tutorial I will show you how to install it on your Blogger blog and wordpress blogging system.
1. Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/
2. Once there click on the button labeled “Access analytics”
3. Log into Google analytics with your Google account
4. Once logged in you will see a page with “Sign Up for Google Analytics”
5. Click on the signup button and you will be taken to the signup page
6. Now enter the URL of the site you wish to track, and assign a name as it should appear in your Google Analytics reports, after click on continue.
7. On the next page fill in your names, country, phone and after you’re done, click on continue
8. The next page will be the “Terms and conditions”, check the “Yes, I agree to the above terms and conditions” and click on “create new account.”
9. On the next page ,thats the “tracking instructions page” , copy the HTML ‘snippet’ of code(This will act as your blogs tracking code)
If you are using Blogger
- Sign into Blogger
- On the dashboard click on “design”
- On the next page click on “Edit HTML”
- Put a check mark in the box next to ‘Expand Widget Template’.
- Now through the template code search for the body tag:
- Paste the HTML SNIPPET code(tracking code) you copied in step 9 before the <body> tag
- Once you have added the tracking code go back and log into your Google analytics account and continue.
If you are using Wordpress
- Download the Google Analytics Plugin for wordpress by clicking here.
- Now Extract the downloaded Plugin Folder from the .zip File
- Upload the plugin folder to the /wp-content/plugins directory
- Go to your WordPress blog’s Dashboard > Plugins and activate the plugin.
- Now go to Options > Google Analytics.
- The options screen will display a text field. Paste your Google Analytics Code you copied in step 9 into the text field and click Update Options.
- Once you have added the tracking code, go back to your Google analytics account and continue.
- How to see what keywords people are using to find your blog
In this tutorial, we shall be using Google analytics which is one of the best tools that you can use to track information about the way visitors find your blog. I am assuming that you are already signed up to...
More by this Author
Learn about all the internet chatroom slang and abbreviations in this comprehensive and informative article.