How to Connect to WiFi Through a Proxy on the Samsung Intercept Android
At work, we recently set up a wireless hub connected to our network, in which all traffic flows through a proxy for security reasons.
When I went to connect my Samsung Intercept to the WiFi like my I-Phone toting coworker, I discovered that I could not figure out how to set the proxy on the Android phone.
I did a Google search later that night and discovered that I am not alone.
If you are reading this, you are probably one of us --- so welcome to the club!
Now that I have figured out how to set the proxy for WiFi on the Samsung Intercept, I thought I would share the love.
The Ways of the Proxy
- From HOME screen, press the menu button (far left sensor button that looks like a page)
- A window will pop up on the bottom of the HOME screen - - - Select the SETTINGS option in the lower right corner.
- This will bring up a menu, and the first option will be WIRELESS & SETTINGS - - - Select it.
- Now, select WI-FI SETTINGS.
- Now, press the sensor MENU button again, which will bring up another small menu on the bottom of the screen with two options SCAN and ADVANCE - - - Select ADVANCED
- This will bring up your final menu where you can input your proxy information and the proxy port.
- When finished inputing the data, select the sensor MENU and press SAVE.
- Ta-Dah! Now you can use the built in browser to access the internet through the proxy. Other programs and browsers do not work with the proxy connection (this is my next project).
- Remember to go back and delete the proxy and port settings to connect to Wi-Fi that is not run through a proxy.
- As far as I know, you may only use the BUILT-IN BROWSER to surf the web, download, or whatever when connected to a proxy. Please let me know if you find any other apps that will work through the proxy.
Sign Up @Hubpages
Comment Easier and/or Publish Your Stuff
More by this Author
Magic the Gathering on your Android mobile phone or on your Android tablet. MTG expands in Android Market. Get your Magic the Gathering game on with these apps designed to up your game.
Virgin Mobile will begin limiting data usage speeds on its Android phones starting in March 2012 (formerly in October, 2011). Learn how to monitor your data usage now.
Graphic Designers, Entrepreneurs, and Webmasters will love these limited time only deal websites. Stock images, vectors, premium subscriptions, Photoshop elements, and other Adobe software resources. Do not get left out!