How to Create A Local Niche Blog
Local Niche Blogs Are Hot
Bloggers looking for a new niche should look towards local blogging. Create a local niche blog , it's a great way to interact with their community and provide a blog that their bisitors will come back to again and again.
What Is A Local Niche Blog?
If you are considering to create a local niche blog, it is a blog where local residents can go to to find relevant information that focuses on their community. The local niche blog can be about everything going on in a city or particular geographical area, or more focused with a focus just on topics such as local clubs and nightspots in an area, parenting resources for a town, city tourism info, or even just a shopping guide for the locals.
Where Do I Find Sources of Content For A Local Niche Blog
Decided to create a local niche blog? There are many sources to find content for a local niche blog. Here are some ideas that will sometimes offer community events that you can talk about and attend then report back later on your local niche blog what happened. Remember to take your own spin on reporting the event. Your city already has newspapers, what it may not have is actual residents discussing the events.
- Your Local City's Official Website
- Your Cities Chamber Of Commerce Site
- The Local Organizations Sites such as Lion's Club.
- The School Websites
- Local Church Web Pages
For more broad searching, using sites such these listed below can help you find whats going on in your community
- Local Newspaper and Guide Websites
- Omgili.com (discussion search for what people are talking about)
- Google (Of Course)
Offline, you can call up the local schools and organizations in your area to request their newsletters, or ask directly about what kind of events they have coming up.
How Do I Advertise My Local Niche Blog
Unlike with a general niche, finding readership is as simple as driving around your town. It's your neighbors, the local businesses, and those that drive, shop, and eat in your town that are going to be interested in your local niche blog.
- Post flyer's on grocery store bulletin boards
- Create bumper stickers or vinyl window stickers for yours, your family's, and your friend's cars.
- Attend local events and strike up conversations with other attendees and mention your websites.
- Share links or ask if yours can be added to local websites
- Create business cards and pass them out everywhere in your town
Handing Out Business Cards
First, head over to a site like VistaPrint, Kinko's, Office Depot, etc and create some business cards. You can also ask a local printing company if they would print some for you in exchange for a link on your local niche website. Then pass them out where ever you go. here are some ideas for people you can hand them out too.
- The server in the fast food, bank, or coffee stand drive-thru
- The waiter who served your table
- Anyone you talk to at events
- The vendors at the city fair or Saturday market
- The grocery store bulletin board
- The business card contest fish bowl at local shops and restaurants (you may even win something)
- Bank tellers, grocery clerks, store owners, etc.
- Drop by city hall and leave some with the receptionist for other employees
Your local niche blog can offer so much more to it's readers then just content on the events. Consider adding these
- Events Calendar
- Local Business Directory
- Weather Widget
- Important Community Links
- Advertising From Local Sponsors
More by this Author
A young womens detailed experience with the human parasite cleaner, Humaworm. Includes graphic pictures of actual parasite found in stool.
Google seems to dominate all aspects of the internet. Search Engine, E-mail, even maps, and more. How bout a little tongue in cheek look at Google and it's hold on the internet
My mother has been making the yummiest moist Zucchini bread for as long as I can remember. Here is her recipe.