How to Create Reports Using Microsoft Office Access 2003
Creating Reports Using Microsoft Office Access
What is a Report In Access?
Reports are printable summaries of the information you want from your tables or queries. The Reports offer the user a unique way of viewing, formatting, and summarizing the information in your Microsoft Access database. For instance, you can create a simple report of Email addresses for all your contacts, or a summary report on the total sales across different regions and time periods. Using the design view method makes it possible for you to improve on the final report output as opposed to the use of the report wizard. Before you proceed, make sure you have created your database, table and query.
Design View Method of Making a Report
How to Create Reports
- With your database open under the objects click on reports
- Click on new and select design view method. Other methods you can use are the Report Wizard, AutoReport – Columnar, AutoReport – Tabular, Chart Wizard and Label Wizard.
- Choose where the table or query object’s data comes from and click okay.
- The report design window opens. Locate the field list which contains the fields you need. If you cannot see it, go to View menu and click on Field list.
- Double click at the blue bar of your field list to select all the fields. Then click inside the fields and drag and drop them under the detail band.
- Hover your mouse over them till you get the hand pointer; use it to move the fields to the desired area.
- Go to view menu and select print preview option to view the complete details of your report ready for printing.
- To go back to design view mode, go to View menu and select Design View.
Formatting and making changes to the report
Changes and any formatting can be applied to a report when in design view mode. You can make use of auto-format feature found on Format menu to apply an automatic formatting to your report. The other way is to highlight the text boxes and giving them the format you want. You can change the text colour, font and size. The report and text box background is also changeable.
Performing Calculations In A Report
It is possible to perform different types of calculations in a report that you create. This can be done in a similar way to performing calculations in a form.
You can try to create reports using the other methods which is much easy.
Can You Be Able To Create Reports In Access?See results without voting
© 2013 Patrick Kamau
More by this Author
The table menu is used for inserting tables in MS Office Word 2003. This tutorial shows you how to insert or draw tables in ms word 2003 and also how to perform calculations in the table.
This tutorial will teach you how to use the file menu found in Microsoft Word 2003. It is important to familiarize with the file menu so that you can be able to work with Ms Word comfortably.
The motherboard includes components crucial to the functioning of a computer. Among them, the Central Processing Unit and Random Access Memory. Learn more about the parts and their functions.