How to Enable or Disable Autorun for Removable Media or USB Flash Disk in Windows 7?
Most of the recent viruses, Trojans and malwares are spreading through autorun on your computer when an infected USB flash drive or CD is inserted. Yet autorun feature is necessary as it gives you quick access when any removable drive is inserted. So, it has both the good and bad side. Throughout this page, you will lean the way to enable or disable autorun feature in Windows 7. Remember, autorun feature is disabled by default in Windows 7.
What is autorun feature?
Autorun feature is a type of utility which enables Windows to pop-up the default options when a removable drives or USB flash drives or CD or DVD ROM is inserted on your computer.
Why autorun feature is mostly favorite to all?
As it provides a quick access to default choices when a removable drives or USB flash drives or CD or DVD ROM is inserted on your computer, it is favorite to all.
Why autorun feature is disabled in Windows 7?
As most of the recent viruses, trojans and malwares like Conficker Worm are spreading through autorun, Windows 7 has disabled this feature by default.
Steps to enable autorun feature on Windows 7
Follow the following steps to enable autorun feature on Windows 7:
Step 1. Click on Start menu on Windows 7 and click on Control Panel
Step 2: The Control Panel window will be opened. From the "Control Panel" windows, click on Hardware and Sound option.
Note: Sometimes you will not see Hardware and Sound option. To see click on the View By drop-down menu and select Category option.
Step 3: The "Hardware and Sound" window will be opened. From that window click on Auto Play.
Step 4: From the AutoPlay window, you will find an option Use AutoPlay for all media and devices. Just click on it and the autorun feature will be enabled.
At last, click on Save button to save your settings.
Steps to disable autorun feature on Windows 7
To disable autorun feature on Windows 7 just follow the following steps:
Disableing the autorun feature is just the reverse of enabling autorun feature. For disabling autorun featuer, follow steps 1 to steps 3. After that, uncheck the check box of Use AutoPlay for all media and devices. At last
By following the above steps, you can easily enable or disable autorun feature of your Windows 7 computer.
@Written by rancidTaste
You may be interested
- Index of Windows 7 tutorials
- Windows 7 Installation: How to install Windows 7 Operating System on Your Computer or PC?
- Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate: The GENUINE Windows 7 activator for x32 and x64
- Move and back-up My Documents in Windows 7: Move and save all of your documents in Windows 7
- Hidden folder in Windows 7: How to create a hidden folder in Windows 7?
- System tray icon missing: How to fix system tray icons missing in Windows 7, Vista and XP?
- Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter: How to Use Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter to defragment your Hard Disk
- How to Change the Windows 7 Desktop Background: A Complete Guide to Change Windows 7 Desktop Background
- Windows 7 HD Wallpapers: HD Wallpapers for Your Windows 7 Desktop and Laptop
More by this Author
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.