How to Get Free Internet
How to get free Internet
Free Internet access was quite easy before the advent of broadband services. At present, the companies that used to provide free access to Internet have started charging a small amount of fees. In short, there has been a sharp decline in the number of companies that provide free Internet services.
However, there are some options to avail free Internet access. Let us look at some of the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that offer free connection.
- Netzero offers free access but you have to skim through the banner ads that appear on the site. However, recently, visitors have reported problems such as difficulties in setting up a connection and a large number of e-mail advertisements.
- Free Site shows links to low-cost or almost free ISPs.
- AOL gives free access for a month. However, if you still retaining the account after the trial period, they start charging a fee for the connection.
- All Free ISP is a database that lists free Internet access providers in an around US and Canada, with reviews and ratings. The site also provides a list of discount ISPs.
- Freedomlist is a useful resource that reviews and lists free ISPs from over fifty countries. The site also includes a forum where you can discuss ISP-related issues.
- DialupForFree.com provides free Internet access across US. It requires the user to have a valid email account. The service is available for both Mac and Windows computers. However, only two dial-up numbers are available.
- Free Internet is a good directory to search for free ISPs with a good database of over 400 ISPs from around world. They also have a forum where you can post any query related to ISPs.
- CdotFree.com site provides unlimited Internet access free of cost to Canadian residents. All you need is to download and install their software, and it is ready for use.
- MyFreeISP.co.uk offers free dial-up Internet connection through the number 0844 535 2225. The site gives step-by-step instructions for setting up connection. No sign up is required for using the site.
- Aardvaak.free.Net.access is a free dial-up ISP for UK residents. The service is free of annoying banners and ads and supports both Windows and Mac systems.
- NoCharge.com provides Internet access free of cost to the western Washington area and parts of New England residents. It has many access numbers, which facilitates easy access to free Internet connection.
- Juno is another major ISP that provides free Internet access. However, visitors have reported complaints regarding difficulty in setting up the connection and also the annoying popup ads and banners.
- Free Spot Directory is a directory that lists free WiFi hotspots around the world.
- Other hotspots include municipality offices, public libraries, coffee shops, schools and major airports where you can access free Internet.
Technology has grown in leaps and bounds that you can even make free calls (PC to PC or PC to phone) or send live videos through Internet. Even watching TV programs using free Internet connection has become possible. By using a free Internet TV, you can receive over 1800 TV channels broadcasting on the Internet.
The Internet has also narrowed the gap between different regions by allowing individuals to make calls from PC to PC or PC to any other phone using the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology. For making a free Internet call, the basic requirements include a good headphone, computer with a soundcard system, high-speed Internet connection and software such as Yahoo Messenger, Skype, and Google Talk. You can even use this technology to make free Internet video calls, for which a good quality webcam is required. You can also search the Internet for free music downloads, free MP3 downloads, free software, free movies, etc.
Although most of the sites and directories mentioned above are useful resources, these services have major drawbacks too. Most of them have obtrusive banners and popup ads. Majority of them require the user to sign up with them, after which they start sending endless emails and SMS. A major drawback with the dial-up connection is that there is no guarantee that you can obtain access to the Internet when you are in need and at times the speed of the net can be very slow. It is up to the user to decide whether to use the free ISP or a paid service. However, these free services can act as backup during emergencies, such as when your paid connection is not working.
More by this Author
You are Booed if you know, and Booed if you don't. Read on to find out the breed of the cutest dog in the world, Boo.
Johnny Depp is one of those famous celebrities who are true tattoo aficionados. This Hollywood star is much loved around the world for his role in the 'Pirates of the Carribean' movies. Find All the tattoos of Johnny...
Julian Beever is an English chalk artist who has been creating chalk drawings on pavement since the mid-1990s that create the illusion of three dimensions when viewed from the right location. These trompe-l'oeil...