How to Get More Facebook and Twitter Followers
Getting More Followers
Improving Your Facebook and Twitter Follower Numbers
If you want to get more followers on Twitter and Fans on Facebook, there are a few simple strategies that you can use that will be a big help. Be patient and don't get frustrated if you don't get overnight success, keep at it and over time you will get your results.(All the links within this article will open in a new window)
How to get more people to "Like" your Facebook page
- "Suggest" your fan page to your friends. Understand that only about 30-40% of your friends will actually "like" your page (or even less), but do not take it personally, it's just the way it is, "Some will - some won't - so what - next." On your other social networks, (like twitter), post "Please like us on Facebook" a few times a month.
- Make sure on your blog or website that you add the Facebook Like Blog Plugin - http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/ There are several different ways to make this look, you may have to tweek it to your liking
- Promote, Promote and Promote it some more - If you use business cards, have a small Facebook logo with your Facebook page and tell everyone you meet to "like" your fan page on Facebook!
- Linkedin - Though Linkedin is not the only site you can use this strategy with, but join groups and forums that are within your "niche" and ask people to kindly "Like" your Fan Page.
- Join Empire Avenue - This a fantastic new Social Media site that gives you a plethora of tools to promote all your Social Media sites! For more information on Empire Avenue view our article at "What is Empire Avenue"
- Email Signature - On your email, be sure to have a link to your website or blog as well as a "Like us on Facebook" text with a link (or hyperlink) to your Facebook Fan Page.
How to Grow Your Twitter Followers
First, there are apps that are made for following and un-following non-followers on Twitter. The simplest way to do this online however is to sign up for Socialoomph. Socialoomph will automatically:
- Follow people who follow you.
- Un-follow people that un-follow you.
- Send out a "thank you for following me" message that you can add a link to your Facebook Fan Page.
- ..and much more.
Be careful not to follow to may people to fast. A good rule of thumb is don't follow over 100 at a time.
You can promote your Twitter page using the same techniques mentioned above in the "Growing your Fan Page" to grow your Twitter followers as well.
Hope that helps and if you like what was suggested above, (practicing what we preach), give us a like on our Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/seoalien
Happy Friend Following!