How to Install Joomla Using Fantastico?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone. In my previous hubs related to Joomla installation, I discussed only local installation. In this page, the web installation will be discussed using Fantastico. Fantastisco is an auto-installer script that is available with certain hosting packages. Installing Joomla through Fantastisco is very easy and simple and everything will be discussed in this page.
How to Install Joomla Using Fantastico?
Installing Joomla using Fantastico is very simple and easy. Just follow the following steps and that's all to install Joomla using Fantastico.
Step 1: Log in to Hosting Account's Cpanel
The first thing is that your hosting space must support Joomla installation. So, before installing Joomla 1.5, you must have to sure whether your hosting provider must support Joomla installation. If your hosting provider do support Joomla installation then you are ready to install Joomla to your hosting space. So, log in to your hosting account's Cpanel using your user name and password of CPanel.
Step 2:Choose Fantastico De Luxe for Joomla Installation
After logged in to the cpanel, choose Fantastico De Luxe to install Joomla. Just click on the icon of Fantastico De Luxe.
Step 3: Choosing New Installation to Install Joomla
After the above steps, you will find the fantastico home page. Just choose Joomla 1.5 from the left pane. After clicking on that you will find an option of New Installation. Just click on the link New Installation to start installation of Joomla 1.5 to your hosting account.
Step 4: Configuring Joomla Installation
In this step, you have to configure the Joomla for your website. To do so, just complete the following information:
- Firsly, you have to choose Install on domain to install Joomla. So, just choose the domain name from the drop down menu where you would like to install Joomla (note - only if you have subdomains or addon domains).
- Put the directory you want Joomla to reside under (note - only if you want to install it in a directory type the directory name, otherwise leave it blank for the root folder)
- Under Admin access data, give a username and password for your Joomla installation. It is mentionable that most people use "admin" but feel free to choose any username and the password.
- Now, you have to configure Base configuration. Put the email address under the field Admin e-mail (your email address), Admin full name under Admin full name, and a site name under Site name.
- In the last part, you will find an option Install Sample Data?. This option is basically to install sample data. You may uncheck this option if you don't like to install any sample data for your Joomla website.
- Once you have filled all the fields in the form, proceed by clicking on the Install Joomla 1.5 button. You will be asked to confirm the installation on the next page. And just finish installation of Joomla 1.5 of your hosting site.
And that's all. You can install Joomla 1.5 for your hosting space. It's pretty simple and easy to install Joomla 1.5. Hopefully, following the above steps you can easily complete the installation of Joomla 1.5 using fantastico. In fact, Joomla installation via fantastico is really very easy and any one can easily complete the installation to any hosting services. Hopefully, you have completed the installation of Joomla va fantastico. If you face any difficulties or problem please tell me in the comment section and I will try to solve the problem.
© Written by rancidTaste
Related Hubs of Joomla
- Steps to Install Joomla 1.6 beta 7 (Local Installati...
As a best CMS (Content Management Systes), Joomla is always popular from the beginning. In the previous article Easy Steps to Install Joomla 1.5 Quickly (Local Installation), you learn the ways to install...
- Easy Steps to Install Joomla 1.5 Quickly (Local Inst...
Joomla is one of the best open source CMS (Content Management Systes) which enables anyone to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Building websites using Joomla is easy and fast. Using Joomla...
More by this Author
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...