How to Make a YouTube Video that will be Highly Viewed
This is the million dollar question that everyone is asking on YouTube because after all it is the path to gaining a lot of money from advertising revenue. Viral videos on YouTube have reached hundreds of millions of views in some cases and in doing so have changed the the whole zip code of some families. It is the new online Hollywood and equalizes the chance of becoming famous for everyone despite their geographical location. This article will take you through the steps to follow if you want to get the most views from your video.
- Keep in mind that topic is key to getting a massive amount of views. A boring lecture you recorded at your university isn't going to draw the same amount of viewership as say a little baby biting his slightly older brothers finger. One is very boring one is cute and funny as well as short and that's what people want, immediate entertainment. If you can impress, make people laugh, etc in under a minute you already have a serious chance of going viral.
- After choosing your subject join specialty websites that are related to your topic. Network with others that frequent the site and in doing so draw attention to your video.
- There are a large number of forums on the Internet that have high volume traffic. Frequent forums that have topics related to your video. Join the forum, again make friends but post a link to your video as well in the appropriate category.
- Join social networks. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, these are all necessities for social marketing of your video but you should also branch out and check out other social networks. there are hundreds on the Internet and many are as well known as the above in other parts of the world.
- Send the link to your video to friends and family. If they like it ask them to pass it on. This is becoming an old fashioned way of doing things these days with so many other options available but keep in mind that it could go viral this way if everyone likes it they will feel encouraged to pass it on.
- Blog about your video. Many websites, like Hubpages, allow you to make money through advertising revenue. So why not make some money blogging about your video and at the same time promote your video to get more viewers.
- If the main idea is to make the video go viral and not simply YouTube revenue try also uploading your video to other video sharing sites or even make it from to download through a torrent.
- Add your video to your own personal website or any other website that allows embedded video. The more places your video shows up the more likely it will go viral.
- If all else fails put up flyers on bulletin boards. Try places where people may have access to computers such as in the workplace or at a library. Or try places where people may be waiting and possibly be using their phones to access the Internet like a bus station
More by this Author
A list of some of the unusual vending machines that dispense things from live lobster, sneakers, eggs and live bait to women's panties.
An article on the Panasonic PV-GS500 Camcorder. The best choice in cameras in terms of features and artificial lighting settings for creating stop-motion animation.
A list of 10 things you should know before calling roadside assistance. Most are common sense and shed light on some of the silly things people do and say on the phone when calling in.