How to Set-up Your Facebook Profile to Optimize Your Facebook Page
Optimize Your Facebook Profile
Facebook Profile/Facebook Page
Your Facebook Profile
According to Facebook, you can have only one profile. Your profile is supposed to be used for your to network with your friends, family, and co-workers on a personal basis. It is not supposed to be used for your monetary gain. There are two ways to tell if you are on your Fb profile:
- Your personal information will be at the top. For ex: where you work, where you went to school etc
- You will see your list of friends to the left.
Your Facebook Page
Your Facebook page is what you use to showcase your business, build relationships with your clients, reach out to prospective clients, and show who you are and what you are about.
The way to tell if you are on your Fb page:
- Look below your friends list and you see that 2,000 people "like" this -- you know you are on a Fb page and not a profile.
Learn More About Facebook Marketing!
How to Optimize Your Facebook Profile
First, go to your friends list and click edit friends. You want to then click create list. If you are wanting to make a private list, lets first name the list for ex: Scottsboro Networking. Then place the people that you want in this list and click create list.
If you wanted to message on the people on this list, you would go back to your profile, type in your message, click on the dropdown menu and choose customize, then specific people. Type in the name of the group, click save setting.
If you were to click Share, the only people who would see it are the people on my Scottsboro Networking list. Meaning, if you were my friend and you came to my profile, you actually would not see that post on my profile. If you went to their page, you would not see the post. You have to actually be a member of that group in order to see the message.
You can also set up a group of featured friends that will appear on your profile. This is a great way to infuse your business world with your profile.
Link Your Facebook Page to Your Profile
At the top of your Fb profile, you will see "works at." You want to be sure that this link goes directly to your Fb page. If you are part of a company, this link will go to your company page. If you are an entrepreneur, this link will go to your page. For most, it actually goes to default page.
The simplest way to change your default page would be to go to your info page and edit the "works at" field. This does not always work.
To show you what does work, you will need to download the "Firefox add-on, Web Developer." Once you have added this, it will automatically be part of your toolbar. Then go to the Fb Page that you do want to add to your profile and click edit page. At the top, you should see an Id number. Copy that number, go back to your profile where it says employer, type in the name of your employer then go to your Firefox add on, click on Forms, and hit display form details. You will see this code pop up - don't get worried. Just go to where it says Employer and paste in the Id number. Scroll down and click add job.
Then simply go to your profile, click on the link that says works at and it will take you directly to your Fb page.
Key Areas to Concentrate on Your Facebook Page
- Facebook Page Wall Image. Use your entire space 180 x 540. It is also encouraged to put the name of the company along with some information about the company. Also, be sure to add your company URL.
- Facebook Page Information Tab. This area you will want to optimize with keywords and phrases really well. This is crucial in order for Facebook to index and you can be found in Google.
- Facebook Page Welcome Tab. This is where you will add one of the most important links you can place on your page. Basically, this is what people come to on your page when they have not yet clicked the "like" button.
- Featuring Facebook Pages Your Page Has Liked. I suggest you feature only 5 at a time. These can be edited as you choose.
- Facebook Page Photo Strip Viewer. Many people are not aware that you can actually choose which photos are showcased at the top of your page.
Would you like to learn more about Facebook features and how to optimize them to showcase your business?See results without voting
Facebook Page Strategies
- Post relevant up to date important content.
- Respond, Respond, Respond.
More by this Author
Write your names in the sand. With the economy the way it is, most people do not have the money to spend to go all out for date night. You can't let that stop you! Besides, who wants their love life to...
Men just like getting laid, huh? If you believe that, you may want to think again! The want good and exciting, awesome sex just like we do. It's not just up to the man to make it happen. Ladies, you too can become the...
Spice up your love life. Is your sex life stuck in a rut? Are you looking for some inventive ways to put some spice back into sex again with your partner? One thing if for certain, with so many different...