How to Setup your Gmail account using Microsoft Outlook using POP3 Mail
Gmail is one of the web email services that you can create free account online. Gmail also allows you to configure in some mail client software that usually used. Mail client software is a software application that can be used in sending and receiving mails in your computer. The data or the messages downloaded and messages that you send can be seen and read even offline. Some of this mail client software are Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Windows Live and Windows Live Mail.
This article will teach you on how to configure your POP3 server of Gmail account in your Microsoft Outlook Mail Client Application. Microsoft Outlook is the default mail client included in Microsoft office Application. The latest version on Microsoft Outlook is Microsoft Outlook 2010. In this tutorial I used Microsoft Outlook 2007 because Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not yet widely used by most users.
Step 1: Enable Forwarding and POP in your Gmail account
- Log on your Gmail account online. Go to your Gmail settings, usually found in the upper left corner of your Gmail account window.
- On your Gmail Mail settings, navigate to forwarding and POP
- Click on Enable POP for all mail, under POP Status
- Or Select either on the two Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP only for mail that arrive from now on.
- Select the setting you want your Gmail to perform in your messages under “2. When messages are accessed with POP” select the options with Keep Gmail’s copy in Inbox, Archive Gmail’s Copy, or delete Gmail’s copy. Your selected action will be performed by your Gmail once you already download the e-mail message in your Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Save Changes button and Exit
Step 2: Configure Your Microsoft Outlook Mail client
• Open your Microsoft Outlook Application
• On your Microsoft Outlook menu Navigate to Tools menu
• Select Account settings
• Navigate to E-mail tab on your Microsoft Outlook Mail account settings
• Click on New
• Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next. Gmail uses POP3 Mail server.
• Enter Your Desired Name. This name will be shown in the messages you send to your mail recipient.
• Enter the e-mail address and password of your Gmail accounts.
• Click Next
• Wait for the Microsoft Outlook finish establishing your connection
• Click Finish
Is this hub help you?See results without voting
No comments yet.