How to Use Google Adwords Keyword Tool
What is it?
What is the adwords keyword search tool? Well, it's something we can use to help find good keywords, check their traffic, find variations on the keywords we search and most importantly, figure out what keywords make the most money.
In the end we want to write our online content to make money, and in order to do that we can't blindly write about any old topic, so in this hub I'm going to show you a quick and painless way to steer content in the right direction from the beginning by first making use of google's keyword tool.
Search for Keywords
A quick crash course on how to use it:
- First go here: Adwords keyword tool
- Type in the word or phrase you wish to research. The example I'll use is"how to hug." You can also search through the categories that google has on the left side of your screen.
- Click search. The results should pop up pretty quickly. Right away you should be able to start to see how this search can be helpful to you.
- The most important step. In the results box, you should see a little button in the upper right hand corner that says "views." Click it. A menu should drop down. Click "customize"
- A new box will pop up in the middle of your screen. There will be a list of options you can add to your results. Click the check box next to the one that says "Estimated Avg. CPC" and then click "save"
- wait a second, and you should see a new column show up with the CPC column inserted for all of the keyword results.
Great, but what does it all mean?
CPC is short for Cost per click, and is the rough amount advertisers will end up paying if their add gets clicked on. So the first thing you want to do is go down the list and see how much you will get paid if your adsense ads are clicked on. $.05 is a very low amount, so a keyword this low, you may want to avoid. But instead of just completely forgetting about your beginning keyword. You can play around with it.
First try variations on the search term, or even another way of saying the same word. Eventually you will be able to find a keyword that is similar to your original, but also has a chance for a higher payout from adsense. $.30 is a huge increase in money right?
Also you should compare the search numbers for your keywords for each month. It might seems smart to go with a search term that has an extremely high volume of searches. But this is actually not such a good idea. It seems counterintuitive, but it's actually better if you find a search term that has a fewer searches each month because, this means that people are more focused on that term and may be much more interested in the results they get. Plus, low amounts of searches also means that there are probably few websites to cater to these searchers, meaning that you have more a chance to get traffic to your site.
So ideally you want to find a keyword with a decent CPC payout, and not too much traffic each month. Take that word or phrase and then use it as much as possible in your article so that it comes up on the first page of goolge and other search engines.
Good luck and thanks for reading.
More by this Author
Check out Skyrim Character builds, and your own and discuss what perks and skills make the best skyrim character.
If you are coming to Japan for any amount of time, having a functioning mobile phone becomes imperative. The only problem, is that once you get here, finding a phone that fits your lifestyle and your budget can be...
Shinkansen is what the Japanese call their bullet trains. Japan was the first country to develope bullet trains and they have now become a symbol of post war Japan. The Shinkansen runs up and down the length of the...