Secret Niche Finding Trick Using Google Keyword Search Tool
Newbie Guide on How to Use Google Key word Tool
The Google Keyword Tool is a great free way for performing quick and dirty Keyword research to determine the ballpark worth of a particular niche or domain name. When researching, it is best to begin with a simple Key word search.
The Google Keyword Search Tool is the most basic tool for keyword research.
You can certainly learn a piece of the puzzle with it but to compete with serious bloggers, webmasters and Digital Marketers, you gotta have the real tools to do it efficiently and fast
The Google Keyword Research tool is inherently ONLY a BASIC tool that is in the arsenal of everyone competing in the Internet affiliate marketing, Adsense or Domaining industries. In order to truly compete, you must give yourself every advantage and set yourself apart from the herd.
There are also many tools and systems out there that people are using to make money online. The Internet works in the same way as any other industry. To compete for the same dollar, you must have the required tools and knowledge. Just like your garage needs specialized tools and manuals, so does your web marketing campaign.
What will Google Keyword Search Tool Show Me?
A quick check on the Google Keyword Search Tool will show you a lot of juicy primary data. It will show you the number of local and global searches that were performed for the Key word that you entered. It will also show you the relative competition that exists for bidding on that particular Key word.
For people who use ad words to buy traffic for their websites, the competition bar tells them how many other people are bidding for that same ad and therefore how much interest there is in the market for that particular Key word.
For people performing Key word research in order to choose a niche or value a domain name, the information is a good way of gauging the number of suppliers that are competing for a fixed number of consumers.
Essentially, the global Keyword searches are the demand for the good or service advertised in the Key word and the competition bar gives a measure of the supply of the same. The goal in finding a niche is to find a nice balance between high global searches and low competition.
The goal of valuing a domain could be to find high searches and high competition because the searches tell you of the interest in the particular Key word amongst the consumers and the competition tells you the number of suppliers that could potentially buy that domain name from you.
How to use the Google Keyword Search Tool
- Go to the Google Keywords Tool Webpage.
- Add your basic Keyword (you only need one idea to get started)
- Press the “Get Keyword Ideas” button
- Google will show you results for the Keyword that you entered as well as for other related Key words
- Now you will see the results in which by default, it shows the Keyword, ad competition, Local and Global searches by default
- It is important to change the match type from the “Broad Search” default to “Exact Search”. This will give you an idea of how many people searched for the exact Key word phrases.
- Sort either by Ad competition , from low to high, or by Global Searches, from high to low and try to spot Key words that have RELATIVELY high global searches and low competition
- Make a list of 5-10 Key word phrases to be used to create content for your website.
- The sweet spot, in terms of Free Organic Traffic will be keywords with High Competition, High Traffic and Low Exact Searches ( see point 9 below). If you are paying for Adwords then you want low competition so you do not end up paying an arm and a leg for your traffic.
Quick Excel Analysis (for intermediate excel users)
- You may also download the results in a CSV file to undertake a quick excel analysis. Once you download the file, you will notice that your data is presented in a neat but raw table.
- Make another column on the right side and label it whatever you want. We will create an easy to understand measure in order to find optimize the Key word search. We are basically looking for Key words with RELATIVELY high global exact searches and low competition.
- The lower the competition the more space you have to fill and the less you pay for Adwords Advertising. Say that the competition is 80% of 0.08. That means that there is 0.20 or 20% for you to fill. Use that as your factor and multiply that with the global searches to scale them.
- So, your formula will be: =(1-competition) * Global Monthly Search Volume
- Now copy that formula all the way down.
- Then Select all your data and under the Data column, press the “Filter” button. Now you can sort your data using the little filter icons above each column.
- Sort the newly created factor column in descending order (highest to lowest).
- This will give you a better idea on which Key words to choose
- Remember once you have a list of keywords. Search for them in Google using quotation marks and then note the number of results. The lower the number, the less competition you have.
More by this Author
Do Not Buy Fair Look Cream! It Has No Scientific Backing, is Racist and Perpetuates a Dangerous Stereotype! I am sitting watching TV in India and there is a shady 'infomercial' running called Fairlook cream. This ad...
There are better ways to find love using the internet than a match com login. Forget Your Match.com login and check out these cool ideas