How to avoid internet scams on web
What are internet scams?
Internet scams are incidents that take place when we are not expecting them. Precaution is the only cure to reduce chances of getting scammed. There are many types of internet scams that take place on internet like online shopping scams, online auction scams, free offer scams, lucky winner scams, lottery scams, email scams, online identity theft, phishing scams.
10 Tips to Avoid Internet Scams
- Using latest anti-virus, anti-adware and firewall softwares and don't forget to update them regularly. One such all in one software that I believe to be best is Panda.
- Never open an email from a stranger or strange source. It is better to mark it as spam.
- Never click on links within an email to visit a membership based site.
- Never share your personal information online in any website or forum.
- Never store your personal information in a computer or even secondary storage disks.
- Always maintain more than one email ids. One for your personal use and others for your online activities.
- Keep your greed in control, no body is going to make you rich or open doors of fortune. Greed is No. 1 reason for scams to work.
- Never access/transact on a financial site/online marketplace from a public place or public computer.
- Never conduct any financial transaction on sites that are not encrypted or SSL secured, you can see a lock in task bar for such sites.
- Your personal safety is more important then getting rich or making money, always avoid doing things that create suspicion and you are not feeling comfortable with. (An alert message from 6th sense).
These are some tips which can help a lot in avoding internet scams to a large extent.
How to avoid online scams?
Learn More About Scams
How can we avoid internet scams?
We can easily avoid most scams, if we can think before we act, follow prescribed rules, don't get swayed away with greed.
Most scams target our greedy nature, laziness, get rich quick mentality. We must get alarmed when we are offered an opportunity which isn't actually very common. Those who love to take chance are people who actually get scammed.
How and where to Report A Scam
- Consumer Fraud Reporting
If you have been scammed then, you can report this for appropriate legal action. Consumer fraud reporting lets you report a scam under different categories. It also lists agencies dealing with scams and crime in many countries.
Your Experience with Internet Scams
Have you ever been scammed?See results without voting
Avoid Online Scams
Avoid Phishing Scams
More by this Author
Jobs in oil industry are not only high paying but are equally demanding, find out how you can find a job in offshore oil rigs.